Do you or don't you comment if "Best Answer" is already chosen?

Just curious?

When having an answer to a question do you still answer if the BA has been chosen? Or do you see it as, well the BA is chosen and even if I reply with the "real BA" I won't be chosen because someone else already has been...

so basically, are you after the exp points or are you still content on answering someones questions if the QA feels a BA has already been given...?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• If the best answer has been selected already, and they've said pretty much what I would have said, and I agree with what was said - then I probably won't answer but write a comment on the BA saying something like "completely agree with this" - or words to that effect.

If however I don't think the selected BA hits the mark or I just have something more or different to say, then, yes, I'll answer.

• I still answer most of the time because I usually still have something to say. Plus it's not entirely unheard of for a QA to change their mind and pick a new BA after more responses come in, lol. That's not my goal, but it's cool when it happens.

• I'll still comment if I think the BA is stupid/not very good or I have something else to add.

• Yes

• I still answer anyways, sometimes the question is really interesting so I offer as much advice.

• If I have something useful to say and the BA hasn't covered it , then yes.

• i answer if I think I can help

What Guys Said 6

• I rarely ever look at the other answers out of fearof one of them influencing wht I m going to say, so I honestly never really noticed; butif I did itprobably would.

• I answer questions when I feel I can contribute. That being said, I think it is kinds strange how people will pick a BA 15 minutes after asking a question.

• yes I still answer because I like giving advice but if my answer is good enough to get best answer then good. But if I don't get best answer then it doesn't bother me. It's nice to get good answer though.

• I try to be one of the first ones in. If they give Best Answer within the first few minutes after posting the question, it makes me wonder how gullible they are.

• I never assume I will get best answer so yeah I'll answer anyways

• I'll still answer the question, as it really doesn't matter to me anyway if it's been selected or not.