Be honest, do you actually read the question details or just the question when you answer?

I've always wondered about that. If it's kinda long do you just skip reading the question details altogether?

Why would you do that? :-O

If a question has lengthy details in it's question does that tend to dissuade you from answering as opposed to a question with very little?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on my mood I skim sometimes read other times depends on my current level of lazy

What Girls Said 8

• I always read it, so I don't look stupid when I give an answer and realize the person had an important detail that I missed, and because I think I should know the whole story before I answer. I want to help them, not give them lame advice or something that doesn't help at all.

• Nope, I always read the whole thing. Even if it's long. I don't want to miss out on details and give the wrong advice or not answer all of their questions.

• Yes, especially if it's a block of text and without any proper grammar. If it's interesting or it sounds like the person really needs the help I'll read it though.

• usually if I don't read the whole thing, I'll preface my answer with "i didn't read this whole thing, but..." I usually do read the whole question, though.

• haha Sometimes! Depends Like for my friends I will read it all always! : ) Sometimes the question says it all! : )

• I read the question, skim through the details, if it's too much to read I won't bother answering altogether.

• Most of the time,yes. But if I already have an idea of what they're going to say then I don't read it.

• I read the description when it's not very long. also, sometimes there's no need to read the details.

• depends on the length of the details, but I usually at least skim them if I'm planning to answer

What Guys Said 7

• I have been known to ignore the details, especially if the question asker doesn't use paragraphs and/or has an extremely boring writing style.

But usually in those situations I don't answer at all.

• I only read the details if they are not too long. Some people write down an entire story in the details section, and I don't want to spend time reading really long ones.

• Sometimes the question and the details seem ... unconnected. Then you're not sure which part they wanted answered. I guess I try to directly answer the question more often.

• Sometimes I read the details sometimes I just answer the title question.

• if I don't want to read the details I don't answer the question.

• I usually read the details. Sometimes I'm like "tl;dr" and either skip or answer the headline.

• Yes. These comment boxes are 500 characters. I'd say if it can fill over 3 of them that's when the details start to get too long. It's usually when there are no paragraphs though. I'm like f*** this. If they can't hit enter I'm not reading it.

• From time to time.