Why do you guys answer questions here?

besides for points? like what do you get out of it.. just wondering

Most Helpful Guy

• Mainly I just come here to help people.

I've been through tons of horrible relationships, and I've had a couple of really good ones. I think it's given me a lot of perspective, along with a bit of a drive toward helping people. So I come here. I try my hardest to help. Maybe keep some people from letting things get too bad, or making big mistakes, or helping people just find some kind of happiness. Perhaps verbally slap the stupid out of a couple of morons along the way too. Whatever helps.

So that's what I do. That's why I do it. As for what I get out of it, that's a little harder to explain. I guess there's a certain satisfaction to helping people. If you really need to have someone tell you what you get out of helping people, then I'm not sure it will be easy to explain beyond anything I said above. It's not really something you can measure or quantify. Not necessarily. Not always. Sometimes not ever.

So I help because I got my reasons. What I get out of it is minor satisfaction, and a little time killed. Simple as that. I hope that explained it well enough.

Good luck with this question.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm here to give honest opinions and to gain experience in dealing with different situations and crisis.

• Entertainment

I can talk to people instead of just being a loner

Its good to know other people going through simular issues

You can talk with people you find interesting

Mostly it just gives me something to do when I'm bored since I don't really have much of a social life

• For the xper points, obviously.

Uh, it gives me an outlet for my to spout my opinions, which seems like a good use of time thanks to my ego.

And I talk to some interesting people who help me get perspectives on things too.

• It's nice to see that I'm not the only one having problems. Usually guys act like we know everything there is to know about women, but we don't, and on here we can be candid about it. That's why we ask. We answer girls' questions mostly because it makes us feel like we actually know something about dating/relationships.

• I find some of the questions interesting.

I like hearing the other perspectives on things.

I like forcing people to actually think (this is for questions where I give an answer they probably didn't want).

Some questions make me laugh.

Lastly if I can help then it's a bonus.

• Its because I hate humanity and I have too much to do on work ;)

• Because this site is called Girls Ask Guys and not the other way around :P

• amazon cards and it being a better way to waste my time,

I rarely have issues I need to ask on here

• I used to be on OkCupid but I disliked how limited the poll answers were. They started to allow an explanation but I always ran out of room. Some of my answers take up the 3000 characters allowed. Almost all of my answers are a form of 'depends' on the variables. Funny thing is that if a question is long winded, I tend to just skim anyway.

• to help people...if my one answer can bring even the slightest change,I'll be delighted.

I have cleared out few negative beliefs I had through this site as well

• I'm bored and have no life. I also like to help people.

• I answer because I like to know what people think of my answer and I like to help people in my spare time .

What Girls Said 2

• It's either because I'm bored or I'm procrastinating. And for the points of course. I've redeemed my points like 5 times so far

• I only really get on here when I'm at school or on the train