What makes a Q on GAG a Good Q?

Is it a good Q if it:

Teaches you something?

Helps you with something?

Makes you think?

Makes you laugh?

What about a Q do you think makes it a good Q?

• Makes me think
  • Teaches me something valuable
  • Entertains me/makes me laugh
  • If it has Pikachu in it, its a good Q.
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• If I want to laugh I'll watch something funny. If I need help I'd ask for it, but I've been on this website for three years and haven't yet thought of a question. I don't discount the possibility that a question could teach me something, but I don't imagine it'd be much of a question if it did -- and it's unlikely that I'd put enough stock into the experiences of a single person to allow for their 'life lesson' to impact my life all that much to begin with.

For a question to receive the much-coveted Warren Prize (hush.) it needs to be a question that I haven't seen before, inquiring about some problem to which the answer isn't immediately and intuitively obvious. In that sense, it needs to strain the CPU. xD I want to break a sweat thinking up a solid answer, and nearly die of exhaustion typing up the response.

What Girls Said 5

• A, B and C. Now if one question has all three credentials then it wins the best question prize imao :D

• Well a lot of stupid questions are good but you last one from yesterday that allows us to discuss and debate about things makes a great GaG question.

• haha I thought so, it got featured and got a ridiculous amount of answers.

• I saw did you break any records with that question?

• hmm, idk, I think so. but only cause I pissed so many girls off.

• If it makes me think, introspectively or otherwise.

• A: Makes me think - I love those questions.

• A good Q on GAG is a Q that comes with

1) pure and good intentions

2) good attitude, i.e. wanting helping rather than pushing others off

3) acknowledgement and ability to discuss neutrally and without any biasness

or

a Q that leaves a positive and good impact on people surrounding them (or a question that prompts people to change for the better from within).

I don't necessarily think thought-provoking questions are always good questions, but there are no such thing as bad questions personally. When someone has an insecurity and REALLY asking for help, they are trying to seek help from within and people should not judge or fault them or call them names.

What Guys Said 5

• A question that makes you think about what you reaaly value about life! The hypotheticals about what you would have done if you knew you had only a short time to live, for example.

• A good question is of course one, when you learn something, but this isn`t a must. Often it`s good, if you ask more than your problems or specific individual things, because they haven`t to do with the interests of the others.

• You can't go wrong with Pikachu. It's also good if it makes you think.

• The ones I ask and answer only! :-P

• A good question asker .