When do you answer anonymously on GaG?

When do you ask questions or answer questions anonymously ?

I do it when I share something personal or hiding my softer side even on the internet.

45 Asked: 19 anony. | 326 Answered: 154 anony.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I'm forced to incorporate my love of desserts into an answer... I get so much judgement for that it's unbelievable ha ha :P Nah, I'm just kidding.

I'd have to agree with you and say I do it when it involves the sharing of personal things. Or even things that aren't necessarily too personal, but just really emotional and hard-stressed for me to talk about, since by putting myself as anonymous with those things it helps me to separate myself from them and take a more realistic/objective standpoint to the question I'm actually posing.

Now to decide whether or not to post this answer anonymously... :P

What Girls Said 31

• I usually try not to answer anonymously. The only time I am anonymous is if I am posting a question that is very personal.

• Sometimes I do, when I feel like it. Mostly for sexuality questions, to avoid unwanted messages and all that. If I'm answering something very personal, I might use it. And another situation is if I want to give my opinion on a question but it's clear that the QA is blocking people who don't agree with him/her.

• I don't, ever. Not in the like three years I've been on here.

• I use to avoid using it ever, now I use it often lol. I now use it when I'm going to mention anything relating to sex or if its something I wouldn't share with a group under any circumstances. but I forget to hit anonymous often lol

• UHmmmm I DUNNO lol... actually depends on my mood lol... and at times if I'm think I'm VERY rude then I will make it anon ;)))

• :WHAT the HECK! why all of us here do have Vote down LOL :P someone is tripping on us...

• here is a vote up just because you got a nice pic <3<3

• LOL you're so silly! anyway thank you :) GODbless...

• Never. I guess there are sensitive situations in which one might want to use the anonymous feature, but I think most people overuse it, really. I mean... that's the whole point of being here, isn't it? Being able to ask and answer questions without using your real name or worrying about what the people in your life think of you?

• Same :D

• really ? lols I never thought you answered anonymously :D

• pshh, I'm good at reading eyes ;)

I tried doing that lol made all the questions I asked the first month unanonymous xD

But yea...

• I hear ya :)

• I do it when I have something honest to say that may not be so nice but it needs to be said and I know the person is going to get whiny and probably troll on my profile or block me simply just for not telling them what they wanted to hear

• Usually only if it is a sexual related question :p and sometimes if I say something really sarcastic and know I'm going to get heat for it.

• Despite knowing I'm get hate for my honest answers, I never use the anonymous feature.

I feel no need to, really.

• I sometimes have a legit reason to be anon but sometimes I will be anon.

• Don't have a reason to, so I haven't answered anything on anon

• Not often at all. I think I did like twice and I can't remember why

• I have been anonymous 20 out of 155 times on answers, It's usually when I give insight on questions and I use a personal private experience to help them with their problem.

I've been anonymous 74 out of 86 times on questions because I have a lot of strange problems in my life I need help with and I don't want creepers or perverts messaging me. On a question website (not this one) I once asked the question "Are my feet to big for my age?" and I got some weird pervert messaging me asking me if my feet were cute and what not. Feet are not an embarrassing question per say but, that's just an example of what's happened to me.

• According to my profile, I've gone anonymous four times since I first started this account. To be honest, I don't even remember why I went that route. I haven't gone anon. in a long time.

• When I'm embarrassed to say something. Or when I'm just simply TROLLIN'.

• Rarely, and usually only when it's a detailed/explicit sex-related answer :P

• high five, same here

• When I share something personal that I don't want the rest of GaG knowing. :P

• 21 Asked: 4 anony. | 2307 Answered: 2 anony.

Since we're sharing. :P

• I think I've only done it twice. I try to be brave, but both times, I was describing something that happened to me which was very painful.

• I only do it if I think my answer will anger anyone. I don't actually worry about personal answers too much, since this site is pretty anonymous as it is.

• Idk. I don't answer anon very much. I really don't have any reason to answer anon aside from protecting me from flamers (if I p*ss someone off) and perverts.

• Usually when its something embarrassing/I don't want GAG knowing. lol

• when I know my gag friend will think different of me

• Now I did.

• only when I troll :P kidding.

• only when it's something really personal

• When I share something personal or if it's embarrassing. Like right now, I am telling you why I go anon. therefore I must go anon. for this question. :)

• I answer anonymously 75% of the time. I also ask a lot of questions anonymously. I do it to prevent creeps from contacting me.

• Recently. There have been guys (and even girls) following me too much. I want to stay out of any drama and protect myself from perverts. Otherwise, I usually answer anonymously to give a fair and just view, independent of people's knowledge and impression of me. When we know who is answering that question, there is an occasional biasness or inclination of favortism or hatred toward the answer because of the answerer itself.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 20

• 0 Asked: 0 anony. | 1891 Answered: 0 anony. - 175 best answer | 1 Written: 0 featured

Any questions?

• If its something very personal. I'm not an open book nor do I want people knowing personal details of my life when I do not know them. I answer some sexuality questions anonymously because I don't want to be objectified or look at in a negative manor because of assumptions.

• Too many people go anonymous for no reason it seems. But whenever I go anonymous it is when I say something personal about me, might reveal my identity, something I'm very ashamed about, or if it's a dumb question I might get ridiculed for.

So far, 11.3% of all my posts are anonymous; that includes questions and answers.

• Never or rarely, I might go anonymous when I reveal too much information about myself

• I never do. I am who I am and I have nothing to hide. People may judge me on my questions / answers but that is their problem not mine. I do discuss things here that I would not discuss with someone I know, but that is because by simply being on the internet and not using my own name / a picture of my myself I am already anonymous.

• I rarely do it, only when I'm answering something that's embarrassing or a controversial topic. People have very strong opinions about some things and I don't want people to judge me based on that, especially since I have real pics of me on my profile.

• Never! :D

My stats say I've answered 7469 questions and only 4 were done anonymously. I own what I say and don't feel uncomfortable talking about things because let's face it, do I really care about creepers or people that disagree with me?

• how did you find that out?

• On your actual profile itself, not just the public profile. The page where you can edit what you profile says, it will be under your rankings.

• oh OK I got it mine states 128 Asked: 114 anony. | 130 Answered: 108 anony

• Very rarely. I want to make myself available if someone wants to ask me more questions.

• I never answer anon.

• I usually answer and ask question unannon but turn annon after. More so I don't leave a trace incase someone I know finds this account. Might be rather annoying having so much personal opinions/thoughts so freely available.

• 48 Asked: 2 anony. | 2451 Answered: 0 anony.

• Never. There was only one time cause I accidentally clicked the anonymous button. If I can go find it again, since they added that button so you can remove anonymous, I'd happily go click it :P

I ain't no bitch. I ask and answer everything openly.

• When I'z troll'n!

• Right now

• Whenever I answer.

• I do all the time... really like everything lol... I have a few things I didn't go anon for but mainly because I forgot or some other random reason.

I do it so it doesn't stick to my profile

• why am I getting downvoted?

• I never answer anonymous

• I gave you 1 up, probably because they didn't find your little joke funny or something :P

• Thanks! Ya so many uptight people here and Xper whores.

• When I ask a silly-ass troll question.

• When I'm disclosing things about my marriage that my partner wouldn't want publicly shared.

• Not very often... I would only do that if it was something I would normally not answer because I think it is trivial and there is a lot of vitriol flying around. Maybe a friend asked to answer it vs PM or chat. I notice people on my friends list go anon sometimes when they have conflicting views with me.