Why all the anonymity on GaG?

What's with all the anonymous questions and answers. What's everyone got to HIDE ? Hmmm ?

I've met a lot of really nice people on here.

I was just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is a bit silly seeing as we're all more or less anonymous to start with, but sometimes people just don't want certain things associated with them, I guess. Sometimes answering or asking as anonymous allows you to feel like you can speak a little more freely.

What Girls Said 7

• My brother from another mother, nothing really to hide hear. Just that some of the questions require explicit answers, and yeah, I don't want a creepy sex-offender type following my interactions.

I've met some really nice, normal people here too. Let's all try to keep this website PG-13 or PG-17 is OK. I'm pretty sure there are other websites where people can get their x-rated groove on while talking about their fetishes,you know what I mean!

Always nice conversing with you Kid

• why are you anon?

• The luxury of being anon on questions or answers feels great.

• Well, some people fear judgment, not everyone is accepting of people.

• they probably just like the anonymous avatars lol even the anonymous answers won't spill it.

• Personally I'm being cyberstocked and the guy found my account on this site, I don't want him to be able to see what I talk about because he's a creepy cyberstalker. Otherwise I would ask all my questions with my name on them, I've got a really cool username. :)

• Ohhhhh okay. THAT makes perfect sense in your case. Anyway, any time you might wish to talk about anything, you know what my nickname is so you'll be able to find me.

• Haha I guess some people are just shy:)

What Guys Said 3

• They all want to be me, but there can be only one. =D

• They don't want to deal with all that ragemail which comes after posting their honest answers!

As for girls, also to prevent creepy old men messaging them! Like you!

• (LOL) Whatever...Junior. Some day you'll realize that a female over the 18 is a woman, not a girl. And not that this is any of YOUR business, but if I'm so creepy, why do so many anonymous women, young and otherwise PM me for answers and advice? You're so ignorant you don't even make a good JERK! Be nice, or take your trolling somewhere else.

• LOL. I get this all the time from people since I always answer anonymous even though my answers are not perverted (I hope not anyway) and legitimate. I answer anonymous for many reasons but really what does it matter who the answer comes from if it is good and why do you want to be able to identify the person that answered it anyways since all the user names on here are not the real person's name? The only reason people want to know who says what on here is so they can judge them and stalk them on all their questions and answers or try to be friends and I already have real life friends so I have no desire to identify myself on this web site.

• Well from my experience, most of the people on here are pretty cool. But if someone really gives me a good answer...or has asked a really good question, I wouldn't mind being able to compliment them by name (nickname)...That's all.

• I avoid that because from experience I might agree with somebody on one answer and then disagree on another and they will hold that disagreement against me on any future answers. Anonymous is totally the way to go if you want real answers and opinions. I would only identify myself if I wanted to be part of some kind of popularity contest and I hate popularity contests.