My question got deleted. Agree/Disagree with GaG for deleting my question?

i asked a question about flirting with another girl. but because I'm under eighteen, it got deleted? I'm sorry, but I think that's just absurd. GAG claims my question got deleted for sexually explicit content. NOTHING was sexually explicit in it, except for where I mentioned that I was bisexual, and I think that it is necessary to tell people I'm bisexual in order for them to understand my question! for god's sake, my question had NOTHING to do with sex... I'm so frustrated. Any similar experiences? Agree/Disagree with GaG for deleting my question?

• I agree with GaG's decision to remove your question
  • I disagree with GaG's decision to remove your question
woo woo restored (:

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi kaylee_rose,

We reviewed your question again and restored it:

link

Sorry for the inconvenience.

What Guys Said 11

• The admins deleted a question once regarding why guys sext. The asker was in her twenties. I had a really funny answer that netted me BA, and they deleted the question. I don't think they should remove questions for being repetitive. The search engine sucks. Besides, who's to say that it's repetitive. I might want to put my own spin on things. And if a question is in the wrong category, I think they can move it. I'm pretty sure they did that to one of mine once. But clearly they're not concerned with category "Why won't my boyfriend call me" is not a question that belongs in sexuality, but without looking I'd say there are probably five or six that are pretty close to that exact question. If sexually explicit content is a big deal, why have a "Sexuality" category at all.

• If the question has details that make it unique, it is not supposed to be deleted. I've also told them that people will keep posting repeats until the search engine in improved. Hopefully they are working on it.

• I read and posted an answer to your question... I saw nothing wrong with your question and certainly nothing 'sexually explicit!' lol... I hope you at least got to read my answer?... If not, let me know and I'll re-submit what I answered to your question so you can read it if you wish?... But I understand your frustration with your question getting deleted! lol

• I disagree with governments crafting ambiguous laws about child p*rnography that force websites like GaG to avoid letting people give good and honest advice to those under 18.

Does that answer your question?

• exactly. I'm against child p*rn and all, but I think a good advice forum (sexual or not) shouldn't have age restrictions.

• Yeah, that's a good point. Activists overreact because they don't have any constructive ideas, so they just come up with some stupid nonsense, and no one stands against them for fear of being perceived as supporting drunk driving or pedophilia or drugs or whatever it is.

• link was the article.

• Admin's have been anal more and more lately, tbh. But considering you're under 18 and there's a rule that anyone under 18 can't talk about anything sexual. I think that rule needs to be rethought cause plenty do sexual stuff under 18 and in this case just flirting question? That's not even sexual really :\ sure it can lead to such, but quite often in the real world it isn't. Admins really need to improve on this site imo.

• Welcome to GaG lol.. It gets dumb sometimes

• GAG Admin is erratic at best...I haven't decided as to whether there is that much difference between their personalities or if somedays they are just in a bad mood...maybe a huge difference between what some of them think is right & wrong? All I can really tell you is the MEGA numbers of people are very upset...from age 16 to 81...

• Was the question in the sexuality category? This one could even be deleted for that. Post questions like that in behavior.

• nah, I put it in flirting :L

• Even if it was in the sexuality category, questions get moved into different categories than the poster chooses all the time.

• supermods can't seem to do that

• it's because you're under 18

stupid I know, but it happens

• still, it had nothing to do with sex. I feel like they were discriminating against me because of my sexual orientation. it was basic flirting-honestly. eye-contact and a smile. nothing suggestive at all! ):

• But that's the point..since it's stupid..WHY does it happen? Are they bipolar or have nothing better to do with their time? O:O

• Well considering the vote tally was 23 to 1...Admin has not been very popular with GAG users I converse with...O:O

• I don't have a clue.:/

• They remove my questions, answers and comments on others answers all the time for reasons beyond belief.

What Girls Said 5

• That is absurd. I see it as discriminating based on your sexuality. If an under 18 year old who was straight asked about flirting with the opposite gender, it wouldn't get deleted.

Unfortunately, a lot of questions get deleted for no understandable reason.

• I disagree with all the rules on this site, although I understand them (sort of?)

• thats why I always put my age as older.

• Disagree, that was unfair. I had a question removed too. I'm over 18 and posted in the sexuality section but it was a question about a time when I was younger and they said it was removed because I'm under 18, which isn't even true and is easy to check. It's stupid.

• A lot of people seem to be complaining lately about their questions or answers being deleted unfairly. I mean, I haven't seen your question so I have no idea why it was deleted. but if you feel like it was wrongly deleted, then try contacting the admin for more details

• There are supermods now, so more questions are probably being removed. The admins have also asked us to delete questions that are vague and repeats.

• I still think they need to implement a better system then what they have now to remove/hide questions/answers (I suggested this in my thread about my issues with the admins/mods of the site lately and a way to fix it, but apparently they can't take criticism, stick in their asses and all) and then ONLY having mods/admins as a fall back in case the community doesn't get to voting to ban away a question/comment that's purely insults/porn/whatever.

• GAG Admin has NEVER responded to even ONE message I have sent them..and that includes the times when I used to be nice to them...):