Why do people avoid serious questions on GaG?

why do all of the stupid lame questions on here get lots of answers but the good serious questions get avoided?

Most Helpful Guy

• May be serious and important questions are harder to answer, and therefore answered by less people? (After all, no one knows everything.)

Or may be serious and important questions are also long and/or "boring" questions and people skip the question because they are lazy to read it all? (Might be the reason if people just want to causally answer a few questions and make time pass.)

Or may be your definitions for "good", "serious" or "important" questions don't match others' definitions? (I'm not necessarily saying your definitions are wrong. May be others define those words incorrectly?)

What Guys Said 10

• Immature/simple minded people tend to flock together, I like good conversational/interesting topics, if I see one , I will be apart of it. I don't pay too much attention to the dumb questions.

• Most of the questions are about relationships which I can't really answer as I haven't been in one or simply because I don't care

I answer questions that interest me

so I can't help that they are most of the stupid ones

• Because people don't want to think about things

• Serious questions are narrow questions that not everyone has an answer for.

• Honestly I don't answer them because I either have no experience in that subject, they are heartbreaking/depressing, or they are too long and confusing...

I like answering short serious questions but not novels

• TLDR

• Because this site is also for entertainment. Not necessarily dr Phil moments only. I use it for the chat feature to be honest, not for questions

• Honestly, I use to take on the long questions at first, I just got tired of taking on reading an essay just to write 3-4 sentences to solve the problem.

• Well ask some friend of your on here to answer them for you. Or put a link in an update on this question so we can take a look

• It's easier for more people to get involved with a stupid question than it is for one that makes you think

What Girls Said 7

• Because serious questions required users to think a lot and the answers would be long and very detail.Not many people willing to do this just because of the 3 points.Some people don't have any opinions about the questions as they probably didn't go through it in their life.

• Maybe it's just easier to not have to truly think...and still get xper points.The kicker for me is that some of the most mundane questions receive 5 stars!I see this ALL the time here.(Not this question though because I believe you are making a very good point.)

• People wanna give short answers that require little thought because they want the points.

• The "lame, stupid" questions are a lot easier to answer. They require little thought and generally, people are just aiming for a laugh or to get their 3 points.

But it also could mean that people just lack experience or knowledge to answer the more serious questions. It's normal. If I were to ask a serious question, I would prefer 1-2 answers with genuine, sound advice as opposed to 10 answers that offer very little feedback. Quality over quantity. :)

• I think a lot of serious ones do get answered, but sometimes they are repetitive.

Also, there is only so much seriousness people can take in one day.

• I think people avoid the serious questions because they themselves have never forced their minds to contemplate them and would rather sit in ignorant compliance to the conformity of bliss, than try to grasp something that perhaps challenges their ideologies and moves the gears in their minds. Also, since most of society functions on the operatives of superficialities, I think that that carries into how people choose to interact with the words that they respond with, therefore picking questions that correlate the superficialities that we all encounter so often in everyday life.

However, I'll admit, even the best of us get lazy on occasion and cop out to one word answers for the more "lame" questions. Either way, I suppose it's the act of given back a contribution to the web society on here that possibly creates the "job well done" sensation for a lot of us, rather than the actual depth or quality of answer we give. I like the serious questions though, it's such a good when you read interesting questions with insightful answers and can walk away from your laptop feeling like you've just participated in great conversation. Almost as good a feeling as eating pizza... almost ha ha :)

• because dumb questions is what keeps this retarded forum going