What makes you skip answering a question on GaG?

For me it's bad grammar, repetitive themes, putting down the other person, whom we can't hear from of course...

Glad to see others are put off by bad grammar, I had the question deleted that asked specifically about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignoring content, A closed mind that's really only looking for one specific answer, like a question trying to rally up a pity party, or, like you said, someone who puts down answers he doesn't agree with. Why put down someone who went through the trouble of trying to answer your question? I flinch at bad grammar, but usually it doesn't matter unless it's coupled with a really ignorant person. And then there are the people who ask an alright question, but are subconsciously looking for an answer that makes them feel better, so they start commenting answers trying to "make their question more clear" because, obviously, the answerer wouldn't feel that way if they "read the question right."

*lash cont.*

What Girls Said 11

• Anything that starts with "I met a guy on a cruise..." lol. Other one's are sexuality questions that are out of my league.

• bad grammar, no punctuations or paragraphs, weird spellings

if it's really long and too detailed

• I don't have anything to contribute.

What I would've said has been stated 10x already

I saw the same question 20s ago.

They seem to be looking for a spefic response or pity, and not looking for an un-biased opinion or other solutions.

I don't harp on grammar as much as I've come across a few 2nd language English speakers here.

• Can;t be true. If you ask the same question you get a heads up automatically now.

• stupidity

• When it is just one big block of writing. I need them to make it into separate paragraphs. Also when they use a lot of slang that I don't understand. Bad grammar does it too.

• I won't answer a question if I don't know the answer or if I don't have any good, useful advice.

• I won't answer if I'm not really sure how to give my opinon on it,or if its offensive...

• *A question answer that I highly dislike gets no answers from me.

*A topic about sh*t comeplety irrelevant to my knowlegde gets no answer from me.

*A f***load of question details get no answers from me.

*When I get cockblocked ...I have no choice but not to answer.

• if I have nothing to say, no advice to give, or I find it to be simply retarded.

• Everything that you mentioned... And sometimes I just don't have a good answer to their question, or I don't understand the question...

• If what is asked is something I don't know much about. Needless to say, dating, flirting, relationships or sexuality questions, since I'm not an expert! Unless, it was something I know! Basically, uninviting questions.

What Guys Said 13

• Bad grammar, subject line doesn't grab my attention, "choosing between two guys/girls", troll/offensive questions, pity parties, and religious/political questions (I avoid them as much as I can, but sometimes I do answer them). And like Marelade said, id I can't think of a quality answer or I don't understand the question.

• Dull, uninteresting, small-minded, does not stimulate my imagination, beneath my consideration, or to be more charitable, simply better suited to being answered by like-minded individuals.

• Redundant questions, or boring topics. Also lists questions, I can't stand to ever do another again. The other being too much information. If you want help, make your message clear and to the point. Excessive rants only tell us you're not really looking for advice, but encouragement to continue whatever it is you are doing wrong.

• Repetitive questions, and questions about things I am not educated in. And questions that are too long to read all the details.

• If I don't have answer for the question. Also some people write a novel when asking a question I don't want to read that much.

• I avoid questions that include too much excessive detail that is needless and takes away from the main thesis of the question. I have a short attention span and I can't handle so much needless information.

• Oh yeah, and I also skip junk questions that are meaningless and are asked only for the purpose of getting more experience pts.

• If it doesn't apply to me or if I can't relate then I skip it.

Ew a cat picture. I hate cats.

I should skip this one too. Oops. Too late.

• Too long description --especially a confusing one and repetitive themes.

Have the admins look at your question so that they might be able to think on improving this site.

• When I don't have anything worth posting. Which is usually.

• For me... it's the fact that I hate giving advice for something if I haven't personally experienced the situation at hand. I know I can sympathize but I can't empathize until I spend some time in their shoes so any advice I'd give would be bogus.

• Bad grammar as well as the number of replies it already has...

• If I think I can't nor do not have a good enough answer for it, next question.

• Topic bores me or I think I cannot help