Do you feel like people let their emotions get a hold of their answers?

What I'm talking about is people decide to get their emotions tied up in their answers and ultimately become sidetracked from what the main question is and from the whole idea that your supposed to be answering a question.

I could be wrong but that's just my opinion, that people do tend to become sidetracked because of their own personal beliefs. Isn't that why we have polls, rating, and the Up and Down arrow system?

What do you think? (Excluding those who ask for your opinion and such)

Most Helpful Girl

• Whats the point of answering without emotions? We are not disembodied beings, we don't experience things through an abstract sense-- we are physical creatures with physical experiences that trigger physical emotions/reactions/actions.

There are few times people will ever need to be truly objective on a website like this :P It's a site based on opinions, not objectivity. Objectivity is often appreciated, but is very difficult to come around.

I don't see the point in answers that don't have some level of emotion-- they are often impersonal, dry, and generally not very helpful unless its a discussion on medical conditions and such.

What Girls Said 4

• What bugs me is when someone asks a question or wants an opinion and then can't handle it is different than theirs.

• you can't really separate the two I feel like. You're always going to feel something for a certain question or topic and that's going to show in your answer

• Ehh, I notice I do that at times. I get emotional, and even though my emotions feel right at the time, they don't always coincide with my wits. They speak out of place or exaggerate. I'm very expressive, passing through life like a song at times because it's closer to love than discretion. So I sometimes lose my balance. Either way, I find it better to live that way than walking around always watching my mouth, careful of what I say and do. Such an existence would drive me even more insane.

• In some cases yes but I think it is mixed between thinking with logic and emotions.

What Guys Said 4

• Sometimes, it's impossible to separate the two. We're human beings after all. Not machines.

• Tis human nature, my friend. I see it a lot. Next time you think someone is answering like that and you have a legitimate reason to spark a discussion, go ahead and try it. See how quick it turns defensive lol

• I agree. Its usually girls. Guys do I too though. They go off on some random tangent instead of simply answering the question. They get emotional and maybe use profanity or crude humor to get there point across when they can simply just be straightforward and simple.

• Russians don't have this problem.