What's your criteria for assigning best answer on Girlsaskguys?

It's in the title.

What I do is picked the answer that most clearly and concisely answered the question, or I pick the answer that was most well-received. If everything is just an opinion, I roll virtual dice and assign a number from the dice to every answer that actually addressed the question.

Most Helpful Girl

• I pick answers that fully address the question(s), ones that use reason and are thoughtful, clear, helpful, unique, informative, and well-written. If I'm asking a trivial question like, "on a scale from 1-10 how well can you dance?", then I'll pick an answer that mentioned something interesting (relevant to the question), or an answer that made me laugh.

I always give best answer, because I know people put time and work into what they write, and I want to make it worthwhile for them and acknowlege answers that stand out to me. People feel good about getting best answer and are encouraged by it, so that's why I do it. I give everyone who answers a +1 to show that I appreciate their answer, although, back when that meant an extra point it probably meant more.

What Girls Said 9

• I rarely give BA. I feel like when I do, I'm telling the other people who answered my question that their answer wasn't good enough (which is not the case). However, lately I've given a few, and I gave them because I thought the answers were genuine, mature and well thought out. Otherwise, I just don't bother. I hate it when people complain about QA's not giving BA. Like really, who gives a damn? Get your 10 points answering questions instead of complaining about not getting BA on an online forum.

• The one that makes me think. I may not necessary agree with the answer but its well thought out and has a compelling argument.

• I like: factual, well thought out, unique, and diplomatic. Sometimes, I even look at the amount of "up votes" the person gets.

I won't give a BA to someone who thinks they are ENTIRELY right.

• One more thing, I hate random BA's and I refuse to ever do one.

• No, I see your point. :) I do appreciate the effort some people put into their answers. I usually upvote everyone who answers my questions (used to be better when it was worth 1 point, but oh well).

Giving BA is definitely deserved sometimes, but not giving BA doesn't necessarily mean I don't appreciate the effort and thought users put into their answers. It just means I don't want to add more value on one answer versus another, when most (if not all) were good answers. :)

• Fair enough! =D

• I pick the one that makes the most sense! Or I do love a answer that can be funny! : )

• I try to chose answers that answer all the questions and the ones who state a firm legit argument to what they are saying.

• If It answers the question best or it's funny and made me laugh. I usually forget to give BA

• I pick the answer that helped me the most.

• I only pick the ones that know what they are talking about. They show experience and they can give me some information about a possible outcome to my situation. They don't just tell me what I want to hear or what I already know but they provide a different perspective that I hadn't thought of before. I never let the up or down votes influence and I never let my own prejudices cloud the decision. I stopped choosing BA a long time ago though.

• if it's well thought out and shows their opinion supported , not jsut a yes or no asnwer

What Guys Said 6

• It varies really... it could be because someone really opened up and shared something personal and moving, or because they came up with something really smart and funny, or because I simply agree with their answer.

• Whatever answers the question the fullest or the one I agree with the most

or funniest

I haven't done a random BA

• I will wait 24hrs after the last answer has been made, then I'll judge the best answer on how complete it is, funny, relevant, and if mentions things I never thought of.

• The answerer I most wanna see naked. =]

• if I agree with the answer and if it answers my question the best

• Don't really have a criteria whatever strikes me as best or whatever the most people nominate