Does GirlsAskGuys hate when you call it GaG?

I notice that whenever someone writes "GaG" in their questions GaG changes it to "GirlsAskGuys".

Am I the only one who notices this?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• To test your theory.. watch this thread..

link

lol

• Lol, they probably do it for clarity as Lena said.

• I've noticed it, too. I figure it's because they want people who visit the site to know them as "GirlsAskGuys" instead of GaG. :P

People who don't visit regularly will be confused as all hell if they see "GaG" everywhere and they have no idea what it means, and it might discourage them from staying.

• Well what the heck is in the upper left hand corner? That pleasant Logo makes me think it is "Girls Ask Guys"

• Personally, I barely notice that logo. It's way up at the top of the screen, and generally, people are scrolling down to look through questions. Also, someone who's new might not attribute "GaG" to GirlsAskGuys, even if they know what the site is called. If they feel confused because of that, they're more likely to leave.

• I think it's cute. It's easier to say

• Huh I didn't realize that but "GaG" doesn't seem as appealing as "GirlsaskGuys".

• I actually like it. I don't say GAG though, when I say it it's more like g-a-g

• Maybe...because they don't want people to confuse of the meaning with another "gag" meaning lol...

• I never noticed it to be honest.

• Say this fast 5 times: GaGgers like to lolligag in lalaland and lick lollipops til they gag.

What Guys Said 6

• if that's true your question is gonna look weird when it gets changed to Does GirlsAskGuys hate when you call it GirlsAskGuys?

• I take it they're not big First Amendment fans.

• I've noticed that happening, too.

I think it's a good idea.

Why?

Because frankly, I type G A G because typing GirlsAskGuys is too long. The site KNOWS I am referring to GirlsAskGuys...

...but I'm too lazy to type it in fully, so the site's source code automatically does this for me.

I don't see a problem with this substitution. It takes effort out of our hands.

• First the people show one`s teeth, the next they will snarl and grumble like a dog and at last they stamp with their feet. And some even hammering with their fists on the desk, so everything is shaking in a dangerous kind. Also a howling is possible, you know.

• I can't hate something that's so silly.

• I've noticed that when I asked if users here felt they helped anyone on this website that admin changed it to 'girlsaskguys' for some reason or another. Maybe they don't like it-