What if there was the worst answer award on GaG?

Since there is "Best answer" what if there was "Worst answer".

Do you think people would actually give more thought into their responses? Do you think that people with bad answers deserve to be highlighted and have their moment of shame? Why so? please explain.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd get that award all the time;D.

But nope I think that would be pointless and would start drama on the internetz which is funny in the first place but would get annoying and therefore could all be avoided with only a best answer option...(:

(Award for the longest run-on sentence^.)

What Guys Said 5

• I think, not many people will answer the questions, because If you have given a worst answer to somebody's question, He/she may stop to answer the questions.

And, it is in not practical to assume that, It will happen. Because when it comes to awards,It kind of encouragement for the answerer.

• I think only the people who start those hostile religious questions would use a worst answer seriously. Past that, I doubt anyone his isn't already thinking will try to think harder to avoid a worst answer. At the very est, they will rely on a selfless troll to absorb the blow.

• It`s a good idea, to have the worst answer. So we would have kings and queens ( or masters) of stupidity, banality and lunatic. Maybe we could educate them more or less.

Also it could be funny from time to time, to crown the queen and the king for such. Such a person should get a laurel.wreath with an arrow downward by his/her avatar. This could happen, by a special number of worst answers.

• I support this idea! Would be really cool!

But knowing that this site is like a high-school of inwardly troubled people who desperately fish for perks, approval and positivity instead of honesty and an advice what to do, it's very unlikely this feature will be implemented!

Worst Answer award is clearly negative, and it may only discourage people from saying anything! Right now the only "negative" thing is downvote of answers, which does absolutely nothing to you, though we still see many people crying about it and asking it to be removed!

• this are really interesting informations, so thanks for you

• Will they add a dumb question thing too?

What Girls Said 4

• I'm sure it would get used more often than the "Best Answer!" lol

• That's like giving a troll award.

• Why would you give a "worst answer" award. It does no good. It's sort of pointless.

• To limit trolling, people answering for only benefits (such as xper points), to have people actual re-read what they type b4 they send it out etc. haha. I think it would be funny.

• it would not do limit trolling. It would only increase it because people would strive for woest answer.

• Only if the "worst answer" means they will deduct the 3 points, then yes.