Can I preserve article formatting on GAG?

I have plans to write a few articles for a few different categories. I write in Microsoft Word. Is there a way I can preserve some formatting such at italic fonts, underlining, etc. in the published article?

What Girls Said 1

• No, you can't preserve that formatting, but if you are familiar with HTML, you can write the article on a Notepad document, and email it to us with the appropriate HTML. We will then edit and publish it for you!

Thanks!

• My sweet Princess, If I opt for HTML output from Word, can you work with that? I've not used that feature much but I know it's there.

• We need the document in a Notepad, as many characters from Word don't translate.

What Guys Said 1

• You can't. You just... can't. There is no use trying anymore Austin... the format can't be saved. So move on. Just move on... Time heals all wounds. I'm sure that one day your articles can be published formatted just as you dreamed. I have faith in you, Austin.