Why do you ask questions or give your answers anonymously?

There's other reasons but I do it mostly on account of others being rude. What about you why do you do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that I am just more comfortable being a no face. Its not that I care what people think, its just that I think judge you on looks. Therefor, not taking your answer or question as serious. I try not to be rude, I want to help people. A lot of people on here are rude, mostly females. Also, some questions would be shameful to ask with a face and name. I think some just want honest answers without worry about showing face or whatever. Answers from strangers, because those are the most honest answers sometimes.

• Agreed and I believe it makes the question a little more indirect and more broad in nature. But if it's something personal I believe in such as my questions, I'll still post as myself as I have. If I do post it anonymously again less direct or personal of a question. Some I have discovered hide anonymously because they aren't to confident in them self or their answer they give, usually when they give a sarcastic answer.

• :) I will, if you happen to run across one, please let me know as well.

• You got it :)

What Girls Said 2

• I only do it when I think I'll get a lot of hate for my question/answer. I just don't want that question/answer coming to haunt me later when I try to give advice about something else: "OH YOU'RE THAT GIRL WHO THINKS BLAH BLAH BLAH." But I don't go anonymous very much at all. I used to a lot when I first joined, but since then I've learned to care less about other people's opinions.

• Agreed it's the same for me. I have asked others questions as myself that pertain to myself as me, then later asked those same questions anonymously to see how much different the answer would be. Problem is don't know if it's the same peoples answer cause they answer anonymously to.

• I almost never go anonymous...

a couple times I have to ask a Q on a friends behalf..

• There's nothing wrong with that at all and I would to. Only thing is I don't want to give someone who hides their self the satisfaction of thinking they've made me look bad when they hide their own identity to attack. I guess I could check not to allow anonymous answers, but I'd probably get less responses to my questions.

• I figure, who here really knows me? No one.. so, I'm already anonymous enough... I'll answer honestly, and with the courage to show my face..

What Guys Said 2

• some question does take a lot of question to ask ... so people prefer to remain anonymous ... its easier being anonymous because it somewhat feels indirect... well I guess this is just one of the reason...

• I don't do "Anonymous". I don't care a sh*t what people say to or about me. Do you really think going anonymous will stop people being rude to you ?

• No it won't stop them from being rude, but at least it don't give them the satisfaction of associating a face or a name with their rudeness.