Does anyone else notice some weird stuff with the comments on GaG?

The used to always go from oldest to newest, so they were in chronological order, but some of them are going newest to oldest! What's going on? I'm confused!

Most Helpful Girl

• The pinky unordered highlighted comments? YUP! don't like it!

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, it's a new thing. It changed yesterday. The comments are in a different order and new comments and answers are highlighted.

• I really dislike it. I like that new comments are highlighted, but the reverse chronology makes me really wonder what the GAG peeps were thinking.

• they want to p*ss us off,that's the only reasonable explanation to their retardation.

• Yes and also the newer comments and answers are highlighted, it's very helpful if you think about it.

• highlighting is very nice I <3 it but how the comments listed isn't tht nice.

• I guess I have my head up my ass because I haven't noticed. LOL.

• Wondering about that too; I wish an admin would answer this question

• yep. I noticed that. and it highlights it in pink for you

• I think it just changed yesterday.

What Guys Said 5

• They changed it last night... I guess they wanted to make the order the same as how the answers end up on the page with newest information closest to the top. It makes interactions between users harder to read in my opinion. The site is less usable now. It would be wise to switch it back but I guess we will see...

• Answers don't need to be in any particular order, comments however...

• Yeah, it's OK if you are the one who wrote the answer because you know what the conversation is about already, but for the rest of the user base it is really bad. It is counter intuitive and goes against normal reading patters of reading top to bottom. I guess they missed their usability course when learning web design, but ehhh what you going to do. It's their site, if they want to mess up the flow and lose users that's their decision. =P

• agree completely. this bottom-to-top thing is completely illogical.

• Well. I think they wanted to highlight new comments (and answers). But what would that be like if you have a really long comments stream? So they reversed that. Also I guess you can see the newest information first. It's kinda weird and confusing but I like the highlights a lot, the best change ever pretty much, so I don't mind. lol

• I think they reversed them because when you're writing a reply and the comment you want to read is at the very bottom of a string of long comments, it's now just right under the comment box for you to read. Just my guess though.

• I thought it was a glitch. That's pretty good tho cause now I don't have to scroll down to see the reply.

• Yes it's the new format... it makes answering recent comments more convenient. No need to be confused sir.

• How does it make answering recent comments more convenient? I'm no longer confused about the order, but I am confused as to why they made an unnecessary change that makes us read from bottom to top, which the complete opposite of pretty much everything else in existence.

• Maybe if there is just two people talking, I can see how it wouldn't make that big of a difference (although I usually reread the entire conversation whenever I post a new comment to make sure I don't sound like an idiot). But what if there are, say, 3 or 4 people with an ongoing commentary? Then you find yourself reading from bottom to top. And what about when we hit the character limit? I do that all the time. I just makes no sense to me. Text messaging, Meebo, Facebook, EVERYTHING goes top to