Most people on GAG and the internet are physically unattractive, true or false?

Why is it true?

Why is it false?

• True
  • False
  • See results
Follow up: Beauty is standardized? True or false?
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" << true or false?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 49

• This might have been more true back in the 80s and 90s, when the Internet was still fairly new and mainly attracted nerdy-types. I also remember the saying, "The Internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

But the Internet has changed a lot. Today, everyone, their dog, and their grandma has the Internet. It's used by all people, attractive and not-so-attractive.

• Do you agree with my update or no?

• Yes and no. Beauty has been attempted to be standardized, mainly through media. Movies, television, magazines, the advertising industry, etc. portray certain characteristics as beautiful or ideal, and certain characteristics as not ideal. However, not everyone subscribes to these beauty standards.

In the past, I've also read studies that suggest certain characteristics are universally attractive, such as facial symmetry.

But many of the characteristics that our society perceives to be

• beautiful are not universal. For example, being thin. In the past, larger people were seen as more ideal (having to do with wealth, since the wealthy were able to eat better than the poor), and even today, there are societies that see big as beautiful, such as in Mauritania (where the practice of force-feeding girls has been common).

• That might have been the case years ago, when the only people who knew how to work the internet were computer nerds. Now pretty much everyone has access to the internet and uses it on a daily basis. I like to believe pretty much everyone isn't ugly. O.o

• im sure you will find some of everyone online, ugly, average, and very attractive.

Me I'm very attractive Facebook me if you would like (but after a while of never talking to you then I will delete you) link

When I have free time on the computer, I check Facebook, twitter, and GaG regularly

GaG because it can be interesting to read. I like dating and I like men so why not join. I'm sure there are people that join because they are introverted too but you can sort of tell which people are introverted by the subject of the questions on here and noticing the age range of the asker. Also not all introverted people are ugly. And not all outgoing people are attractive

• This question lacks a special ingredient...

sense.

I <3 you kain but..i can't seem to comprehend this question...my answer to the poll was see result because if I answer true or even false ..

I would be implying false- Most people on the internet and gag are sexified.

I would be implying true-Most people on the internet and gag are ugly.

So, my answer to this is definetly..."How the f*** do I know?"

• I don't think ugly people are more or less inclined to come to this site. So I would hazard a guess and say it has a universal distribution of uglies, hotties and norms. Wouldn't you agree? To say otherwise, would be to suggest that because this site attracts insecure people, the audience is less than average attractiveness-- however, this fails on it's face, due to the fact that hot people think the'ye ugly (and thus are insecure) for all the wrong reasons that ugly people do too.

• False-- I've seen some damn good looking people (mostly girls) on this site

• Beauty is standardized? True or false?

• so I have I but you can never know if its just the pick or if its even them

• I meant to say so have I

• Most people in general are average. MOST of the population uses the Internet in general; attractive or not. The Internet is the most valuable multi-media tool in use today so the majority of the population is going to take advantage of that. To say that most people who use either one are mostly unattractive would be to go against the truth that most people are just average, so that is false. No, beauty is not standardized like most people think. You can go from one country to the next and what one country/tribe/group finds attractive the next will find hideous. Everyone has their own standard of beauty, if we all liked the same look than at some point we would have ended up looking all the same because all the different looking people from that standard would have been weeded out from the mating process.

• Most of the people on this site are underage.

Other than that, I disagree. Many people use the internet, as a matter of fact, a majority of people are on the internet, so I think that there is a broad range of people on the internet.

• No way of answering this for sure. Better question might be to ask if you find yourself attractive? Personally, I think I'm an attractive person.

• It just isn't true..even attractive people need help/ come here to relax and help others out..not just here but everywhere..you don't have to be attractive to enjoy social sites..

• That's false. Like everyone said almost everyone uses the internet. Where did you get that idea from? lol.

• for your update beauty is in the eye of the beholder to a certain extent. Everyone has their preferences as to what they like but there are people who the majority or the minority will find attractive or unattractive. Like I've said before most people will agree that Jessica Alba is attractive. Not everyone but the majority.

• False. Everyone in the world is practically on the internet. Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• There are lotsof girls on here who are good looking. The guys, not so much. There are some good looking guys on here though, just not as much as girls.

• I think is is very untrue.

Beauty, however, is very much standardized. The majoritie's perception is probably the biggest factor to a person's beauty.

• So you think there is a universal consensus on what is ugly or beautiful? It isn't subjective?

• yeah obviously

• What I'm saying is that most people are brainwashed into thinking what is beautiful or not based on someone else's outdated and wrong judgement. This is why some people who are beautiful are called ugly, just because they are different.

• 1 I don't know about GAG but I'm hot

2. Everyone uses the internet so most internet users are average

Follow up:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• False. I haven't seen many unattractive peeps on here.

• False

• Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder kind of thing. Some may think Kim Kardashian hot, others may think she's very ugly.

• Nahh whoever feels like being on here get's on here, attractive or not. Actually, a lot of attractive people may get on here just because they like being told that they're attractive.

• False.

• Disagree.

• I thought I am average looking till recently when I got so much attention from guys. It surprised me. I don't like it now. Cause I am taking lol.

• C'est faux! I've seen a lot pretty girls (sometimes guys too but rarely) on here.

Maybe we are more the introverted people...

• False: I have seen some really hot people here

• False, just about everybody uses the internet these days. So that would have to mean most people in general are unattractive and I definitely don't think that's true.

• @update: no, everybody likes different things. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

• false! lol there is always diff people on the internet. and also it kind of depends on people type ...

• i've seen a lot of attractive people on here,so I'll go with false

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• false. most are average. though you'd never know, unless you actually see them.

• False... Don't know what your reason is but I need something to kill time with during studyhall every evening and inbetween soccer and lacross seasons.

• it's hard to tell. most people, often girls, put up fake pictures of models they found on google. so honestly, you never know.

• And well, being on the internet has nothing to do with what you look like. I think we can all agree on this.

• More from Girls
    19

What Guys Said 29

• What people find attractive is different from the next person, so not all people can be considered attractive or unattractive.

From my personal experience so far, I haven't found much people attractive, maybe one or two user, but I'm a very picky person anyways.

• Way too many of the girls on online dating websites such as Plenty of Fish and OkCupid are fat or obeese. That's not to say they couldn't be good looking if they lost between 20-100+ pounds.

As for GAG, there are a lot of cute girls on here, much more so than a lot of other sites. It also doesn't hurt that they aren't here to be hit on, but get advice. Most really attractive girls leave dating websites quickly once they get bombarded with mail.

In general, if you are a guy, you will find better looking women offline. It is just up to you to approach and get it going from there. That's what I do and with much better results than a lot of the really overweight girls online.

• Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and thus, will always be an opinion; however, when you phrase the question "...and the internet..." you may as well just say, "Anyone who uses a computer is ugly." And GaG... to be honest... I bet there's a lot more attractive people because people want to A) flaunt their love lives online, B) spread their love drama (or lack thereof), C) compare themselves to others, or D) feel better about themselves when others online talk about how crappy their life is. Its like... self-therapy for the self conceited (I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea).

• Pretty much everyone is on the internet. But for some reasons the uglier ones feel the need to post 10000's of pictures of themselves from slightly different angles and upload them all at once.

• I don't think either is true. GAG has more than their fair share of attractive people and everybody with a pulse under the age of 40 and over the age of 12 uses the internet so obviously there are plenty of attractive people on the internet.

• No way my grandma tells me I'm handsome all the time ;o

• Hmmm... I'd say that most people are unattractive, yes... but that's because most people are either going to be 1) the same sex as me, which I'm not attracted to, or 2) way beyond my age group, either above or below.

So yeah, most people are going to be unattractive to you for similar reasons, but then there are the people who actually are unattractive to you, added in there, so... yeah.

There are only going to be so many people, within your age group, that meet your specific standards of attractiveness (whether it's physically, spiritually, or personality), and then there comes the actual fact of whether or not you're compatible emotionally, morally, sexually, etc.

So yeah, while everyone says there are plenty of fish in the sea, there really aren't. The breeding population of any given crowd is going to instantly be lowered by these types of things.

Example: I go to a party with 300 people, half of them are men, so I instantly eliminate them, so, 150, then we remove all the girls who are already in relationships, and the number goes down further to let's say 70, from there, we eliminate any of the girls that I'm not physically attracted to taking us to about 30... but from that point, I actually have to TALK to them and find out about them, so then, we remove all the girls who are too drunk to have a conversation, any of them that I don't have anything in common with, any that I don't click with, and any of them that could be lesbians, among even more things.

THEN you have to take into consideration that things won't work unless you fit into all of THEIR relationship criteria as well.

So yeah, to sum everything up, most people are going to be unattractive to you, for any and every reason you can imagine.

• To an extent it is. Everyone has that standardized perception of beauty that we see in movies or TV shows, but most people also have different standards when it comes to the real world, which is based around the people they interact with in their personal lives.

I for one have definitely loved people who don't fit into the standardized perception of beauty... because I was able to see through their flaws, and actually appreciate them for them.

• You can't quantify beauty.

With that said even if you came up with a criteria;

there would be little correlation between excess beauty and a lack of beauty on gAg users.

It is more likely that people that use this website are-

Introverts! Which has no relation to beautiful/ugly.

• (presuming the pics I've seen are genuine)

I have seen some delicious-looking females on this site. Yum. :)

I've also seen some good-looking dudes on this site as well.

I know SOME of the pics are fake...but a lot of them look legit.

Obviously I voted "B".

• No I've met some very attractive girls on this site and other online forums I use. The internet is basically like TV, people use it when they're bored. It's got nothing to do with how attractive you are.

• Most people on GAG AND the internet are physically unattractive...

Using "AND" while including the internet in general kind of screwed your question, unless you are implying that the population as a whole is mostly unattractive...

If anything, people who don't have access to internet these days might be slightly less attractive when taking into account the reasons why they don't.

• False , I don't think that how people waste their own time has something to do with them being physically attractive or not .

• It's false, it's not a very educated thing to say, because there are a lot of diverse people on the internet.

people in real life can be ugly too. it's not just on gag.

• A lot of the girls are hot,

I think I'm alright but don't know about others

• Didn't you know everyone that uses the internet is ugly kain? I thought that was fairly common knowledge.. :)

• I think most of the pics of I've of people here at least on the OK level and no, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

• I think we're all attractive

• False of course.

• False, there are plenty of attractive people on GAG and the internet in general. But I will say there are quite a few unattractive personalities portrayed on the internet. :P

• Arent I all the proof you need?

• i doubt most are unattractive

• making a topic on how people on the internet are unattractive isn't going to help them ...

• there are mostly people with insecurities on here but that doesent make them ugly

• God there are so many hot girls here it's amazing :O

• There are some smoking girls on here haha, so false

• False. Unfounded and subjective. Next topic.

• I believe the way that people write and respond shows what type of situation they are in.

So, by peoples particular questions, I think most are unattractive.

• I met my girlfriend online and she is RAWWRRR

• Almost everyone uses the internet... That like saying all people who drive cars are unattractive true or false... =/

• @update: No beauty is not a specification in a manual. =P It is subjective, but none the less tons of hot girls and guys use the internet and even when people can get away with being a**holes behind an anonymous screename some people actually show great personalities. =)