Do you find it ironic that most top Xpers are single?

I would expect most xpers to be married, engaged, or dating, but most are single. Is anyone else surprised by this?

Wow, Stitches, don't even bother answering the question if you are going to block any argument back to your ignorant statements. By the way, someone who is single IS probably going to answer differently than someone who has been in a relationship for a long time. That's like having a three way conversation over the phone with someone being in hawii and someone else being in the middle of wisconsin. Of coarse their experiencing different feelings at the time and they're going to tell you different
things about the weather. Anyone experiencing one thing is going to feel way different than someone feeling another. That's like asking someone who is not a mother what it's like giving birth. I bet you someone has had birth could better discribe the experience considering it actually happened to them. Invalid? You don't even know what the word means sadly.
This is NOT a dis to single people or top xpers. You would expect a variety of people to want to share their experiences instead of just single people. Yes, everyones opinion matters, but the more varied the people, the more variety of reponses and the better the chance to find one that suits the QA.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the majority of people on this site are single, so it doesn't surprise me that there are many single people even at the highest xper levels. Not as many people in relationships need dating advice.

What Guys Said 10

• Sounds like you're getting high and mighty because you're engaged.

That doesn't make you any more significant or knowledgeable of a person, FYI.

• I am not saying that either, it's just a question on how people feel about this. Never said it made me knowledgeable or informative as opposed to other users. Sorry you misread the question. The thing is, they all share something in common, and that may reflect in their answers. When a question is asked, the best response is many answers from totally different people, a commonalities may come out if people have a lot in common when they answer a question.

• Your argument is invalid. Single people can still be knowledgeable about relationships. Their experience is no different than someone currently in a relationship.

I take it the downvote came for calling your question out. I don't apologize, I really do sense young arrogance.

• Well, I guess I'm glad I'm not the top Xper? I just got out of a relationship over a month ago so hopefully its not forever.

• I am sorry, hope you are OK.

• Are you sure? *_* your comment reasoning was good...

• I'm positive, give it back to Dan please =D

• I typed out a reaaaaaallllyyyy loooooooonnnnng f***in'... ESSAY, explaining why it made sense that single people knew most about dating, and it went back to like, reference the ethoses of Art Nouveau, DaDa, Surrealism, Contemporary Classical, etc., Society of the 1890s-1930s, Auldus Hucksley, Winston Churchill, The Beat Generation, David Bowie, Nazi Germany, Positivism, Optimism, the dissonance between Society and State, the rise of the Family Unit and the importance of the Nuclear Family in the states eyes, the relishing and revulsion of Positivism, the progressions of Modern Society, and at the end tied it all together with one sentence about the nature of the website. But it got deleted and my computer isn't of the quality to retreive it.

But it was pretty damn f***ing good, yeah? And you should agree with me, that it makes sense. Like, just take my word for it. If you read the thing I wrote you'd be like 'Yeah this dude knows what he's talking about' I swear.

• That sounds like a really interesting essay, it sucks that it got deleted. I am sorry, but I can't agree with something I can't see and read for myself. How could I take your word for it if I don't know what you were going to say? The question was really asked because of the lack of dating backrounds, rather than single people not knowing anything like everyone read it as. The more variety the better.It's more of prespective matter than 'who knows more' persay.

• Hahah, that's true. And oh I just mean like, through the hopeful obvious insightfulness of my answers. You know, so I give the impression of having the necissarily experience without having to blab about it.

• That's a pretty good way to go about it :P

• Nope. Ofcourse they're single, they spend all their time on GaG.

• Insert "they spend too much time on GAG to be in a relationship" saying...

• Sooo what does this mean to you? not listen to them?

• Nope, I still read advice and take it the way I would take any advice. It usually never pertains to me anyways. Single and young to me seems like they haven't had as much experience to pull from as married people or people who have been around the block a few times. Sure, many single people have had their share of relationships and experiences, but currently their not gaining experience and don't reflect a working relationship where they have been in a long commitment. Sure, they could have been

• in long relationships before, but it didn't last. All relationships are different. Also, it lacks the preference and advice from different groups. It's a couple of views from one group of people.

• wtf is an xper? do you mean guru?

• Top xper, meaning they have some of the most points on this site. They are advertised on the side when answering questions sometimes. They are all "gurus" but not all gurus are top Xpers.

• Yea that confused me as well.. :p

• I've noticed that but haven't paid much attention to it.

• Interesting

• So we should listen to you more because you are engaged?

• never said that, but thank you for misreading my question. If a person is looking for a serious relationship that will most likely lead to marriage than it would be better to ask a married person than someone who has never been in a relationship. That's like asking someone with no children what it's like to give birth. If someone has given birth, I bet you they could provide you with a more accurate experience than someone who hasn't, because how could they know without that experience.

What Girls Said 16

• well I trust them more than I trust you,you're 19 and already engaged,not that there's anything wrong with that,but it's not the safest choice

• But yet, you don't know the experiences I have had in life and why I made that choice. You would trust someone who might not have had the experience over someone who has? Let me ask you this. If you were curious as to what taking a vacation to hawii was, would you ask someone who has been there or someone who has never been there? Of coarse you would ask the person who went there.

• It's interesting that you would chose to discriminate against me for my experiences when you are telling me not to discriminate against others when I haven't.There's nothing wrong with being engaged at a young age, by the way, the statistics show that those who marry young divorce, there are no stastics similar to that on long engagements. I never The unsafe choice is chosing not to research topics and assume things about others.

• Here's the supposed 'unsafe' choice I am making: link

"well, I trust them more than you" how would know what quality of advice I would give? You assume based on my status and discrimnate against me. that's very hypocritical. Sorry you obviously took offense to the question.

• I don't think that really matters or is any of my business :P

• It does matter in a way, because you are getting advice from a group of people who all have something in common that could reflect in their answers. They may be different people and have very different views, but they are all similar in a way that they lack reflected views from long-term relationships.

• One person not being offended doesn't mean you weren't offensive lol.

You stated your question in a condescending manner, which was made clear by a great portion of users taking offense to your question.

Your intention wasn't clear until your updates, which is why you had to make updates. You're being unreasonable.

• If you took it that way, than I can't change how you thought you precieved something. Unreasonable? LOL, If I was being unreasonable, their would have been nobody who took it the right way, but there were many who understood and answered accordingly. I can't change how someone feels if they want to take something and turn it into something else completely.

• Maybe because they spend so much time on here, or rather spend their time on this site then going out/having a social life?

That would definitely lead to meeting less people and not having a bf/gf.

Who know's really, I haven't looked into it that much or even noticed for that matter.

• Lol don't worry Standing, I found my way on top xpers by surprise. I have been single because of bad experience with some guys, those experience have worked on my behalf they have thought me to be a stronger person, showed me I don't need anyone to make me happy and over all helped me have a better understanding of the type of guy I want in my life. But with that said, I been trying to help others learn what I have learned from being single and having my heartbroken in the past.

• Great answer! I hope you didn't take this offensively like every other person who answered. I am not saying that single people don't have great prespectives just that it would be interesting to see prespectives from people from all dating arenas. It's becoming harder and harder to chose a BA for this question with your answer :P

• Haha don't worry about it and no offense taken.

• No. Because if you pay closer attention, most questions ask for the answerers opinion, or are completely unrelated to relationships anyway. Hence why the " behavior ", "style", and "other" section dominate in terms of receiving the most answers. Plus, most questions are DUH obvious in there answer, but people just need that reassurance or validation on what course to take.

Also, just because people are single now doesn't mean they haven't had relationships. Even if they haven't, it isn't hard to empathise and put yourself into that position. A smart person doesn't need to experience a situation to anticipate what it would be like to be in it.

• You could predict something but it most likely be different than what you expected. It's not a matter of intelligence, not all things can be explained without being felt. Opinion questions are fine, but seeings how this site does lean towards relationships/dating topics often, it would be more interesting to see prespectives from all dating arenas from the people who participate the most.

• Never said I didn't like them, no need to take things out of context. "straight foward" implies there is an answer that is going to be obivious as the solution which, is impossible opinion wise since everyone has different opinions. There is no such thing as a "straight foward" opinion to an opinion question, just a popular answer that may work for the QA. There is no point to this question, it is an opinion question. The most important thing is for users to enjoy this time on this site.

• One of the xper happens to be 17. I am glad she sticks to her studies and has fun on GaG as oppose to going and getting married, having a boyfriend. Sounds like a smart girl to me. :)

• Not saying you have to get married and have a boyfriend, but seeings how this is a relationship site, age usually reflects how many life experiences someone has been through and may affect the outcome of their answer. It should be no surprise that someone who's 50 and has a degree would probably answer different than someone is 16 and yet to graduate high school.

• Some of the high xpers rank high in "other" or "sexuality" or "style" not necessarily "relationships"

• This site heavley leans towards dating/relationships/sexuality though. A good deal of those questions go hand in hand with each other. I think it does depend on the question itelf as well. But if someone was asking what it was like to be married for several years, a person who has been single their whole life would never be able to tell you because they have never experienced it. Experience in any situation would change the way someone felt about that particular topic.

• I never noticed.

Brb, checking all of the top xpers relationship statuses.

But really, if their answers are good quality answers/if they give good advice, that's what I pay attention to.

• It's a matter of variety that prompts the question. The more varied the backgrounds=the more vareity of answers. Good advice is good advice, yet, it's interesting to see something from all sides.

• Yes, I agree.

• its not a surprise, I think they are here for the free stuff too though

• I think many people come to this site because they are single. Many users remain that way.

• It sounds like you're trying to say they have no life, because their on GAG all the time... :l

• No, it's not that even though most people read it that way. I would expect a variety of people to want to share their experiences instead of just single people. Yes, everyones opinion matters, but the more varied the people, the more variety of reponses and the better the chance to find one that suits the QA.

• why would you expect them to be in a relationship? this isn't a dating site. and if you take a closer look, you'll notice that a lot of guys and girls here are single. not only gurus.

• I would think that people who have been around the block would feel the want to tell more people about their experiences than people are inbetween or others that are inexperienced. This site is heavely geared towards relationships/dating/sexuality more than any other topic though. People tend to go here for things regarding dating more than varied topics, so I would think that people who come here for that would expect varied answers as well. Lack of variety would be the main concern.

• well, who said you can't? not only gurus can answer, you know. no one is telling you to only pay attention to guru's answers. and anyway, that they're single, doesn't mean they haven't been in a relationship before.

• It's the matter that they participate the most. Of coarse they could have been in a relationship before, but every relationship is different and being in one usually changes how someone might see things. Prespective changes based on what you're feeling at the moment.

• Not really. There to smart for most people XP

• Never really paid attention

• I've never even paid attention to that kind of thing.

• Lol.. Why would I be surprised? They spend all their time on here.

• i'm pretty sure most people on this site is single and have problems fidning someone. otherwise, they wouldn't be here. and just because they have top points doesn't make them experts, most likely they're just been here the longest

• Actually, most of the top xpers have been on this for a lot less time than a lot of other users. I have been on this site for years and no where near a top xper.

• Yea your right, but I'd disagree about this being a dating site

they do have categories pertaining to relationship and dating advice not finding someone to date off of here.. I definitely didn't come on here to find someone.

Interesting question nonetheless.

• Well, it's not a dating site, it just tends to lean for advice pertaining to that. Even though I was single when I started on this site, I certainly did not come here for that either. BTW, is that little sign you have next to your name for meebo? It doesn't look like a mod sign.