Why do you have your profile as private on Girlsaskguys?

Most Helpful Guy

• So some random guy/girl won't strike up a convo with me via troublesome meebo.

• bahaha, I thought you liked talking to random people.

• That's kinda weird-

• Thanks for the BA :)

What Girls Said 9

• It restricts the number of people who can talk to you on chat, view your info/pictures, and it also makes it easier to deal with unwanted attention and trolls.

• I don't. I have nothing to hide. I hold my head up high. COME AT ME BRO!

• The question is..why do you? I feel that with my detail answers and/or questions will give me away..and someone could recognize me. yikes!

• Cause then anyone can chat with you. I always had people that I didn't know try to chat with me and it was annoying. I only want to chat with people that I have excepted as a friend. Other then that, I have no other reason and have nothing to hide.

• I "had" it private when I had a picture of me..now it is open for anyone to see because I am full blown anonymous.

Iccl.

• If some people have theirs private, then why shouldn't I. I don't want them to be all over my profile. I rarely get friend requests, so they don't want to be my friends, then why should they be all over my profile.

• Because it encourages people to add me as a friend. :B

• Nope, I feel that backgrounds provide someone with an idea of you and gives an honest prespective.

• To keep the creepers and trolls away. :P

What Guys Said 6

• I don't. If it's private, people are less inclined to add you. On a sight like GAG, the more friends - the better. That's why my profile is not private.

• site* not "sight"

• Perhaps, "bitterness" was the wrong word. My apologies. I exaggerated. I meant that any negative connotation would be aimed toward you but it wasn't intended to be offensive or negative. I'll be more careful with my word choice from now on :P

• Gotcha. No worries, it's cool :)

• As soon as I uploaded pictures, I set my profile to private. Also, as you get more xper, you get more haters, and the last thing you want is for them to know your information.

• to avoid the flirty/weird/troll people from annoying the living sh*t out of me.

• some are because they what to prevent stalking from strangers. that's y I don't have any pics on here

• Right? Thanks for agreeing, lmao. I like that fact that if I need a personal opinion, I have a list of 140 odd people who wouldn't mind giving me one rather than having to post a question and wait for something less personal. Likewise, those 140 odd people have complete access to my personal opinion whenever they need/want it.

• exactly. especially if have friends like knowmeyourself. she helped me a lot abt girl issues

• too many girls wanted to "Cyber" :P

• didn't use to until some anonymous guy got mad at me for losing an argument he picked and started systematically going through every one of my answers down voting them and leaving nasty comments. I went private to stop the damn updates from his harassment.

• wow, seems like he had too much time on his hand.

• ah what ever who cares... He's unimportant.