Why do some people want to leave GirlsAskGuys for good?

What makes them want to up and leave? Would you miss any of your friends you made here?

Don't you guys care about me? :'-(
Gosh you guys are making me wonder if I should leave too. I mean if everyone else goes, I feel like there's really no reason to stay here.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been spending an increasing amount of time chatting because the Questions have been boring and so many of the Questions get removed by Admin..start to wonder "why am I bothering to answer?" There has been speculation that the boring & repetitive Questions is due to a large influx of teenagers on here...or even pre-teens...not sure what the answer is there...I have a lot of really cool 16 & 17-year-old friends on here tho. I think most people get mad and then become impulsive...but I would miss my friends that is why I have 11 GAG users on Facebook and a bunch of them on e-mail.

What Girls Said 14

• 1) I never have time for this site anymore, I have a reason busy schedule

2) its not as fun anymore

• Because all the good users got banned or pissed of at the admins and left like ; Dom163, Dyrad, Jack , SnackG , Fierce Meghan, and a lot more people, bunny has not come back.

The questions are getting more boring and repetitive , random users annoy the living sh*t out of you out of chat . Kind of like right now !

• Sorry Kain but most people I've liked have left GAG. I kind of want to as well, for one its boring now, its the same questions over and over again, some people are just ridiculous, and if you have your OWN opinion people just down rate you, like what's their problem!?!?!?! On top of that its harder to get xper points, and when I try to answer a question it gets deleted, I think to myself "I've wrote all that and now its DELETED"?!?! But I wouldn't miss anyone to be quite honest, the only person I would miss is the one I met on here long time ago and we chat everyday on another chat every day. But I'd miss your great questions, I like your big brain and its curious thoughts :)

• One of my friends left a couple of months ago and it was very hard for me. His reason was that he was spending too much time on here. I would be very upset if another one of my friends left GAG.

• i left once before because it seemed like the same 50 questions were being asked over and over again - none of the askers looking at the previoous 50 times their question was asked. I'm on here for entertainment and get annoyed at the tedium and repetetiveness of teenagers - and there are no shortages of them, unfortunately. I came back though 'cos there were a couple of friends I didn't say goodbye to - I'm sure I'll leave again but I'm on here less frequently and try to ignore the really ignorant and stupid ;O)

• I have considered leaving, mostly because this site is IDEAL for procrastination. I gave up on that though, cause I love so many people on here, I'd never leave them ^^

• I don't really have any friends on here. But, I really like the community, it seems nice, and it gives me something to do while I'm bored.

• I dunno,boring repetitive questions,I guess. I'm not sure if I'll ever leave. This place is pretty addicting.

• I've tried to leave once.some people here really pissed me off so I decided to delete my account, but then I just regretted had done that and create a new one and added some of my friends again (wasn't many so I still remember them all).

• i was gonna leave because it was just for summer fun. I ended up staying but I'm not on as much or want to be on as much. I don't miss people who leave and some members I have their skypes, phones numbers and addresses so we can keep in contact :)

• It's not even about the friends dude, you got friends outside of this place right? The thing is like others have said, there is more oppresion from admins. Everything is one sided now and people don't have their own original viewpoints. People talk about the questions being repetitive, but the answers are also repetitive. It's like people don't even read what others have to say they just say something just to say it. You guys must have just ran out of silly questions to ask too and now you're forced to actually think about the ones that are left. This isn't real life, it's a good thing people are getting out of this little bubble.

• Do people actually make friends on this site? I guess I've been missing out, but all of the people who chat me just want to cyber : /

• Do you put your profile on private? That will cut down on the cyber freaks

• yeah so that you ask her for cybering xD

• Thanks for the tip Kain - I don't have any information or pictures on my profile but didn't realize there was also a 'private' setting!

• I don't want to...but haven't really made any "friends" per say

• Im one of your friend and I will leave this site after few weeks.This site is getting boring and it seems more to popularity site compare to sharing site...

People have grouping and judge some answers based on who is that person.It won't be helpfull for those people who really want to get advise.Apart from that many people can't handle the truth and seeking for approval.

Yes we can go anon but the sh*tty comments by people still make you feel bad even they didn't know who you are.Im not an ass kisser and I don't plan to be one.This site apparently prefer ass kisser more than an adviser tho..

Yes I will miss all of my friends especially the close one...

• Who are you? :-\

• Have I spoken to you on chat before?

• Yes we did...i think I'm pretty close with you before...

What Guys Said 19

• it's gotten very boring in recent times

• I suppose that for those people the entire gag routine is just becoming increasingly monotonous. The questions are repetitive, and anything outside of this repetition is deemed irrelevant by admins/mods and thus, they are removed. Nothing new can come of repeating the same behaviors over and over again...

• GAGs traffic has plummeted over 70% in less than a year! I think it doesn't help that this site has tons of bullies and snobs. Many people will either rip on an asker because they think the question is fake (or beneath their superior intellect) or they simply don't want to answer a question that has already been asked. Unfortunately new members are looking for responses and interaction -- they're not looking for instructions on how to use the search field.

GAG should increase its reward system to help the "experts" realize that repeating answers for noobies (or maybe putting a new spin on an old answer) can at least bring easy rewards. GAG should give away some sort of motorized vehicle ...or free puppies or something -- every answer automatically enters a chance to win in a random draw etc...some car company like Fiat would sponsor that in a heart beat and it wouldn't cost GAG a thing.

• Because 99% someone makes a claim they are leaving they don't. They like the attention and the drama it starts "blah blah blah I'm gonna delete my account". If you want to delete you're account go for it there is no reason to post about it. I don't see what the point of deleting it is. Just don't log in. In reality anyone who posts that they are going to delete their accounts admins should just do them a favor and ban them.

• Exactly. It's a cry for attention and it's damn annoying.

• Maybe they didn't really get the answers that they've wanted? I've seen a lot of reposts that people have been making after only getting 1 or 2 answers. Maybe they're looking for someone to give them the type of answer that they want, i.e. that their boyfriend or girlfriend is going to come back, etc. Then, when they don't get that, they just up and leave.

• ITs hard to find questions that go into deeper topics which I find much more interesting. The adds on this site are also quite pervasive. I've been looking for alternative sites.

• some people just over do it and get burned out. Iv been a member of gag for roughly a year and I'm not guru yet. Other people could get what they want out of gag either by helping people or getting help and then they leave when they are satisfied

• the advice given here rarely comes from people with actual experience dating.

• If I was going to leave, I tend to drift from sites and leave my account open. But in doing so, I never get to say goodbye.

• Let me see: my three original friends have all bailed. Period. One of the three was my best friend on here and she was a complete doll. She was totally awesome. But why shouldn't I leave? I mean, really? There are some great people on here and I've got people who claim to be friends, but how do I really know that?

• Because this sh*t gets boring, Friends leave or start drifting away from you. I mean it's like I overdid it, Don't have much to show for it.

• blah I deleted two accounts. the first one was kinda well known xD the second not really. I have no problems deleting this one aswell. nothing is keeping me here

• 'Cause I'm the Queen of Melodrama.

• Pretty sure I'm missing something here, haven't been around THAT long.

• This site isn't what it used to be =/

• some people leave because they spend too much time, some get banned and others well. personal reasons :/

even tho it's the internet people can still hurt others.

• Don't leave Kain. Who would get me my coffee if you did?

• boring... they took away the chat but didn't replace it with anything. I think there needs to be something to do for live users

• Reading tons of lies, troll posts, and general bickering and arguing over trivial things. GaG is after all a community, and as such is a reflection of its members. When you have a lot of negativity it drags down the entire community and encourages many to jump ship. I'm close to doing that at the moment as well. The users that keep me around on this site can be counted on one hand.

• @update: LOL. I try to give input when you ask me man, but you are not as close as the few that keep me around. It's just that simple.

• I'm not leaving yet... but if the 4 people I stick around to talk to go I'll disappear before you can snap your fingers. I got their emails anyway...

• ^I've noticed a lot of this. But if you look past it there are some awesome and unique people here!