Are there certain questions you "refuse" to answer on GaG?

Lately, I've found that some users prefer to avoid certain topics on here due to the possibility of conflict in opinion on a level they would find tedious, annoying, or even extremely offensive.

Are there certain questions you just don't want to answer? Topics you avoid? Topics you "refuse" to answer? Topics you would just prefer not to answer? Why or why not? If you do, which topics do you avoid?

• Si! I avoid certain questions all the time. I dislike the drama of certain questions/crowds
  • No, I just answer whatever I feel like answering, I don't actively avoid questions
  • Sometimes, but I'm not particular about it all the time.
  • Other!

Most Helpful Guy

• A few people have asked for ideas on how to kill themselves. I refused to answer those because if I actually give them an idea, and they do it... I could be in a lot of trouble with the cops after investigators track down my IP address, and arrest me for murder, or assisting in a suicide. I don't want to get into any trouble, so I refuse to answer those questions.

What Guys Said 14

• i don't mind the drama. but I do avoid one big subject that I seen a few folks bring up recently and that is "religion". I mean I believe in God and all, but religion is one subject you should never discuss, judging from experience there is no limit to what a religion argument will result. so I avoid them 100%. and to be honest, I don't know why would people here ask those type of question.

• I usually avoid discussing religion because it never ends with one side being "right". It can go on and on and will just frustrate people. Both parties will be convinced they're right and have made up their mind about it. Avoiding it, rather than refusing.

• The way I pick my question is based on my mood. I avoid questions that the description is a block of words with little to no punctuation and full of misspelled words. I know I won't get those 3 minutes back regardless of how witty or intelligent my answer is.

• I almost want to avoid this question for ironic reasons

• I refuse to answer questions about my personal life that have nothing to do with GAG.

• B. I don't actively avoid questions I'm just very lazy

• The 95 year old guy who never found love and the girl who keep asking people who she look in her picture. Not to mention the countless of black penis and your ideal girl/guy questions. The first two are just troll topics. The third is fun to read just to see "ipwnNixx3rzAtBF389" rage in 3 paragraphs and two accounts. Everything else I answer if I feel like it.

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> B <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Meh.. I just answer what I feel like lol. Answer my new one goflip! link

:-D

• i rarely answer a question to certain one that will fit in the interest or need a advice

• I vote B.

• I refuse to answer questions by the user goflipaburger...damn you got me

• I refuse to answer this question (seriously)

• I purposely avoid questions that are irrelevant to the point of this site (someone that is actually seeking advice). With the exception of a few that catch my interest like this one.

What Girls Said 11

• I try to avoid topics that people already have their mind made up. I hate entering a debate and knowing I am the only one going into it with an open mind.

I hate the topic of the death penalty & jails, and the system on it. I feel that people have their minds made up on the topic, and just argue their points and their beliefs.

People tend to get passionate about the topic, when they should be passionate about logic. Logic may not always be the most humane thing, but most likely it is the most ethical.

• the guy who keeps asking if girls will think less of him if he fights this girl and gets beat by her. uggh I've seen his question too many times to count, it was one of the first ones I remember on here :P

• B.. I find some questions annoying though .. Like girls asking if my friends with benefits wants more? the answer is NO. and guys asking if she likes me? The answer is MAYBE.

• Those really are the mirror image (FWB girls/friend guys). They are attempting to meet other people's needs and hoping the people will magically then meet theirs.

• Yes they are

• I dislike the drama of certain crowds/questions and I avoid questions in which I can see the QA argue and belittle every user that answers his/her question and does not agree with his/her view or opinion.

• Religious topics I tend to avoid, mostly because thousands of years of wars about religion aren't magically going to get settled because of a GaG discussion. That, and it's all a bunch of faith crap which doesn't have any grounded evidence to constitute an interesting discussion anyway.

• I don't like answering questions on here (in general) that directly relate to my life or people's lives I know, especially if it could spark an argument. For instance, I don't like answering abuse questions (whether it's physical, sexual, substance). I also don't like answering sexual questions, those make me very uncomfortable. I like to answer questions that are completely random, or if someone needs help with something.

• penis size questions and religion questions. there's just no winning.

• I just answer whatever I feel like answering. I'm not really picky on the topic of the question. If I have something to say, then I'll answer.

• I've gotten bored with penis size questions where a guy will argue with the thirty women who tells him that it's not a big deal, but agree with the one dummy who says "4 sure, wimen are bitches who only want brad pitt with a big d***."

• yeah, I'm bored of those too :P

• i just answer what I feel like and what I can relate to for good advice/thoughts

• Nope :)