Is whoever has the last word in a debate or argument wins?

That seems to be what people think here on GAG. If you get the last word in you win and thus feel like you pwned the other person.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's usually what stupid people think.

The winner is the one that makes the best point. Who walks away first is irrelevant.

What Girls Said 6

• Not at all. My brother always has to have the last word and it drives me insane. It wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't always wrong.

• The people who do that are ignorant and want to hear answers ONLY condusive to what they believe.Unfortunately,those people run rampid on this site.

• nope, not true. generally, from what I've noticed, is the one who has the last word feels insecure and sounds dumb

• Nope. If you can't respect my words like I do yours, end of conversation..

Arguments are pointless on here.. If the other can't see it from another human being perspective.

• I think the one who has the most facts and strongest arguments wins. I have seen debates where the winner was not the last to speak so no to your question.

• It doesn't mean they win. It may just mean the other person is sick of going back and forth and it isn't worth their time. They may also be busy and not have time to respond. I agree that arguments on here are pointless. You don't know the person and whether they're right or wrong, it's hard to convince them over the internet if they seem to think they're right and you're not.

What Guys Said 2

• If I say it is, and you say it isn't, and you get the last word, who won the argument?

• Naw. People just like to get the last word in. Maybe the other person couldn't keep an intelligent conversation with the individual. So they left.

• The person who had the last word left?