Do you think that people on GAG tell the truth or lie?

what do you think I think some people just lie and not really help people out?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that with this website, it's much like anywhere in the real world. You just ask for advice, and people give it to you or they don't, and they're either going to tell you the truth, or they're going to lie to you. They're either going to try to help you, or be an asshole about it and troll you or be deliberately hurtful. That's the thing about the internet. That in many ways it's just like real life.

Now I for one have tried my best to be truthful, honest, and helpful on here, even if that means being a prick about it along the way. Now whether you folks believe me or not, take my advice or not, think I'm being helpful or not, agree or not, that's entirely up to you. All I'm still gonna try to help though. In the mean time, it's up to you and anyone else reading to make those judgement calls. Just like in real life.

Take everything you say and read with an open mind, but just also have the wisdom and intelligence to figure out for yourself if it's the right mood. But also remember you asked for the advice. In conclusion I will leave you with a quote as I think it fits.

"Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it."

What Guys Said 10

• Some people give you the most basic bullsh*t advice there is. Don't hate them for it - they just don't know any better.

But for me - I tell everyone like it is. When you take time out (about 2 years to be exact) to understand why guys/girls act a certain way, you can figure it out and assume what's going on.

• i think a little bit of both, People anywhere or even on the internet like to hear what they want to hear.

"Am I fat" " Oh no, your perfectly fine" See? They told a white lie opposed to this.

"Am I unattractive" " To me yes, but not everyone agrees on what I stated" That is the truth not everyone wants to hear it.

I believe that people want to hear what they want to see, they illusion themselves in a world where things flow their way and see no need to change their way. So on here, sure People lie, ill even do it , maybe a white lie, but that's about it. I give the truth, I just state in a positive way or if the truth is a bit harsh, I try to leave behind some advice/confidence booster to make them feel better about it.

• Mostly the truth, but some people sugar coat their answers on the more controversial questions or if their opinion differs from the general consensus. I try to be as honest as possible and if someone doesn't agree then so be it.

• I'd like to think most people would be honest. There's not much point lying to a bunch of random people you're never going to meet anyway. I guess they might exaggerate things a bit for dramatic / comedic effect. And I suspect whenever someone posts something about "a friend" they probably mean themselves...

• I have nothing to hide.

• I think that most people tell the truth...I do...

• There's really no reason to flat out lie. I mean why would you? However some people may embellish or omit certain details to make them seem desirable.

• no I don't lie I have no reason to lie... I mean like when they ask a question and embelsh it to make it seem worse than it really is...

• Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

• Half and half I bet.

• I know most of them tell the truth. I also know that some people don't want to believe the truth when it challenges their own preconceptions.

• unless the person is really insecure about themselves or wants revenge, otherwise why would someone lie to you. I might tell I tiny white lie sometimes.

What Girls Said 10

• Most people on here just say what the QA and everyone else wants to hear. When you say it how it is, you get called a bitch and other names.

• Disagree . . . some people want genuine advice and people respond . . .

• thats all I want is a genuine advice

• Yeah a lot of people give me all kinds of sh!t for bluntly speaking the truth. About 10% of the time I get blocked for it. People really hate brutal honesty.

• I only ever lie when I ask questions anonymously, but I lie about silly things to ensure that no one knows its me asking :D

I'd say stuff like... "I've had five boyfriends and I'm having trouble" as a opposed to the truth which is a total of 3 serious guys :P

• I'm sure some do, just like I'm sure some don't. I don't lie because thankfully nobody on here knows me anyways, so I don't care what strangers think of me too much.:p

• YES, I lie.

I lie on some questions so people won't get butthurt and report me.

I lie a lot.

So, I can remain on the website.

They want me to lie. If I completly state my true opinions...100 percent honesty..I would be hated and deleted.

So, I will lie...

For Example...

Question: "Am I ugly?"

Fake answer: You are very pretty and beatiful..I love your eyes.

QA comments: Thanks. :) *B.A*

Real Answer: F***ing hideous attention whore. gtfo...do you think that fugly duck face sh*t is attrative?

QA Comments: STFU BITCH. YOU HAVE NO LIFE YOU ARE F***ING UGLY FAT STUPID BITCH. *blocked*

See, we have to kiss ass to get those xper points.

Tbh...I lie 90 percent of the time when it comes to this website...

• I don't lie. Sometimes I make funny/ sarcastic remarks depending on the nature of the questions. And if it is a serious question I answer honestly and lay it on the line. However I do answer anon. When I am delivering some hard to hear truth. Users tend to appreciate my answers.

• I think some people add in random answers that don't help but that doesn't mean they're lying.

• Unfortunately, some people tell the truth, others lie...

• How can you tell when people lie?

• You an't always do it. you have to try and sort through the crappy advisors -- it's part of the reason why a site like this has disclaimers...

• Obviously there are a couple of people that do lie and those that tell the truth. Personally , I 'm usually honest.

• I think since we don't really know one another and most likely never will, we tell the truth. At least I do.

• There's a mixture I'm sure.