Why do you think that users end up leaving GirlsAskGuys.com?

I've been on this site for about 2 years now., and I have definitely seen people leave this site, usually without warning. People that have been on this site for 3 years or longer, just close their profiles and leave the site, usually without warning

There have been some cool people that have left the site entirely (as in their profile are deleted). There are VERY few users left on this site, that I consistently chat with, that have been on longer than me. :(

So, to my fellow users, why do you think that users, that have been on for years, and accumulated 5 figures of XPer, and plenty of contacts...

...delete their profiles?

Please vote on the poll. Please elaborate.

I shall be awaiting responses. 8-)

• Their favorite users are also leaving the site
  • They overall dislike the recently signed-up users
  • The questions being asked are "low / lesser quality"
  • The advice being given is "low / lesser quality"
  • Some other reason
Thanks for your input, everyone.

Can you answer this question for me, please, with sugar on top?

Thank you. :)

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, a lot of the fun people have left or rarely come on, and the questions get repetitive, especially if you've been on here for a while, so it does get boring. There aren't as many playful, and often nonsensical yet entertaining questions/answers that stay up long, even if it's harmless. This site's a bit too serious and strict in recent times. There have always been rules, but they weren't as enforced as before, and I guess people miss that. Often I hear even fairly reasonable posts are being taken down.

Anyway, there are other reasons too. Everyone has their own life to think about, and people want to move on, feeling their time is being wasted on here or they no longer want to stay. Some realize they're spending way too much time on here and it's doing them more harm than good. There are also users who experience a lot of negativity from others (especially if they're popular), and some get fed up dealing with it. Can't say I blame them.

A lot of times friends leave, (some of the people I was closest to have left), and so that's one more reason not to stay. I think it's actually among the most important reasons people decide to leave.

What Girls Said 13

• I don't think that questions or advice are of lesser quality, but rather, people often have the same or similar problems or questions, which results in the same questions and advice being given over and over again. It's enjoyable at first, but can get pretty boring.

Friends leaving the site might also contribute. If people that you chat with often, or whose answers and questions you really enjoy, leave, your experience with the site can change. Especially when you've been here long enough to see every question, asked multiple times, it's often the friends that you make that keep you coming back, and if they're gone (or if you're able to contact them through other means, such as MSN or Facebook), then you might feel less reason to be here.

Possibly changes in the website that make the experience less enjoyable. I know a lot of people seem fed up with the amount and types of questions that are being deleted.

Lastly, people's interests change, their lives change. They might be busy or more interested in other things. Others might feel like they're spending too much time on the site (let's face it, it can be pretty addicting for some people) and decide they should take a break or quit cold turkey.

And personally, I would leave without warning. I don't expect that a huge proportion of people would care or really notice if I left, so I wouldn't make a big to-do about it. It would feel kind of attention-needy for me to make a post about it, so I'd probably just give my MSN to people that I talked to frequently so we could keep in contact.

• They leave because the admins are removing questions without considering the spirit that the guidleness written in. Users lose motivation and interest therefore advise/question quality drops.

Also new users don't rate or pick a ba. Let's face it we all like to rewarded for helping out.

• I've wondered this too prof. I even asked a question about it once. I've been on here almost 2 years and have seen the people come and go, I mean does anyone even remember eddymetal? That guy was f***ing hilarious. :(

I put E. They probably get bored or have something else going on in life.

• Yeah, he kept things entertaining to say the least, so did Voltaire come to think of it. I got plenty of laughs from the stuff they posted. It's too bad they left. =/

• eddy! lol

• I want to leave this site.

I have wanted to leave since I started using it.

I stuck around because I met interesting fun people...but now I am not sure if that is able to keep me on here...

I want to be an inactive user or something...but Idk..I feel like it won't help my situation...I just want to be done with this f***ery..

The reason I first came here was for amazon cards...but now it takes longer to get them...and with all the new rules and f***ed up sh*t that goes on here..it isn't pleasurable.

If I had no g.a.g friends I would have left a while ago. I just feel like wtf..? why do I try...? I have that feeling...and it is f***ing with my head.

I don't blame others for leaving...they probably have the same feeling that I have.

• I've been on the site for over 3 years so I can definitely see what you're saying. I think people just lose interest in it or they forget about it (something I do often).

• I wish I knew :( Some of my favorite people have left... I miss reading their answers and chatting on meebo a bunch.

• I only have 2 favorite people on here. I'll leave if they leave. As long as they are here, I'll stick around for a bit and just take occasional breaks every now and again. I'm getting really sick of this site though and some of the users on here. Some people are just so rude. I wish there were more british people on here too.

• some days the questions that are asked are lame/boring and it takes a long time to get xper points. they could just get frustrated and leave

• Apparently the administrators got a lot stricter recently, which lead to a greater dislike of the site and more bans of popular people. This caused other site regulars to leave.

I intend to stop at soon as I reach enough Xper for a VS gift card, since I'm so close. I may come on every now and again when I have a question, but I'm pretty sure all of the people I used to talk to have now left, so there's little reason for me to keep coming back.

• Maybe they just don't "need" the site anymore? I find myself on here when I'm going through things and try to see what others are/have done in similar situations. That's just me though, as I don't use it to make friends (don't add people, hopefully that doesn't offend them too much). I think it might be a lot of factors though, maybe some just wanted a fresh start?

• THe only reason I thought about deleting my account was my concern for the amount of time I spend on here and the fact that a lot of other important stuff wasn't getting done lol

• I think maybe cause they want a new identity on the site. So they may make a whole new profile. Or they were crude and got harassed or something.

• they get tired of the rules or getting things deleted. or mauybe they just got busy with life

• You're right.

i saw something on the news. I posted the YouTube link here to see what people thought & it was deleted as irrelevant.

Not everything on the news is top notch but if it was clean enough & relevant enough to be on the news why can't people here post an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Option A doesn't explain the nature of the trend, merely how it has snowballed; its a large factor but its not the actual source of the what I'll refer to as a problem.

Options B, C and D I feel are reasons that describe why people leave the amassing number of virtual households, this feeling of the Depreciating Society. I have no idea why people seem to be ingrained with this disposition that everything is getting progressively worse all around them, and it's 'not like BACK IN DA DAY', but everyone does it. Every cornerstone of the internet; the game Runescape, "These new updates SUCK", the internet emporium of Youtube "who sold its soul to the corporations" (also echoing on every music video 'back when music was real, not like todays sh*t'), hell 4chan /b/ dedicates itself ENTIRELY to complaining about newf**s who are "the cancer that is killing /b/" (then ofcourse, elevated users move into the extended elitist echelon claiming that it is, infact, those that complain of the cancer that is killing /b/ who are the cancer that is killing /b/); you could find it on any corner of the internet. Roleplaying circles, the pretentious 'Dark Rain' began to doubt itself, and its erection was the fruits of a depreciating society in other roleplaying circles, or in the f***ing blogosphere, where people are constantly moving to greener pastors where people 'really appreciate their blogging', of kittens or whatever the f***.

Theres a depreciating society among people who post pictures of KITTENS.

But for some reason, it hasn't affected GAG. All but Martyfellow* complains about 'users these days', and even then, its only in a fleeting disaffection towards their age, and I don't think he's ever laid claims to a proposed golden age of GAG. People have become dissapointed with the rank and file of questions but usually shut up quickly enough. I've never heard anyone say 'GAG isn't what it used to be', and this site has been running for a great many years. Even when pretentious notaries like KarKingJack** left, there were some laments of cliche'd messages such as 'It shall never be the same', but no onr has ever said 'It hasn't been the same since' such and such.

The reason, I believe, is because people here are largely suspect to the dreadful fear of the Internet Life. They are predisposed to the idea that the internet is dangerous, harmful and addictive, like some kind of illicit drug, and thus blame of the problems in their life on the internet. They think if they leave the internet, all the problems will be solved. Thus, they leave. When none of their problems are solved and they're not only disillusioned by the so-called real world, but have also lost most of their close friends by deleting their account, they find themselves too humiliated to return to a website based on positive advice.

*bad-lighting users by name, sort of like the opposite of name dropping

**name dropping

• I think people just grow out of it and decide to move on. Not to be mean sounding but I think this site definitely has a target age and I think that once people get older they simply have other things to do in life and coming to this site isn't as important as it once was to them. Do you think you'll still be on this site in a few years?

• They are leaving the site to make a point or they get banned. In either case, they usually come back as a different character.

A lot of users get flustered with admins, other users, not getting enough attention, etc. They then decide "I'll show them how bad they are without ME!" Then poof, they are gone. Within the coming weeks, they return to witness the aftermath.

The ones who leave because they have a life to attend to don't delete their accounts. They go inactive. Rarely does one delete and quit for good.

• I think it might be because of the way it is run it has changed a lot, man cool users leave and stuff. When I first came here it was 250 points to feature a question, now it is 1000. I have been here since very late 2008.

• Smart ass losers like DianaDDreamer

• I was wrong to make this statement!

I misunderstood someone else comments as DDD

• Let me see, I've actually been here for nearly three years, (2/24/2009 and this isn't my original account) and like you, have seen A LOT of people leave. All of my original friends have left and I miss the hell out of them. But most of the original users that were here when I was new have long since left. Some know for a fact they spend way too much time on here, some get so busy with their lives and just abandon/cancel their accounts, and some just get so burned out to the point to where they feel they can't recover and have no interest in coming back. It sucks but they do. And like a few others want to do, I kinda want to walk as well. Taking breaks and having a friend or two doesn't seem to be enough for me to even want to stay anymore. This site still is fun in a lot of ways, but I had my best times from mid-late 2009.

• Prolly in part their friends left or have been banned. Or they're sick of the trolls. Or they're getting sick of the admins who seem to be deleting things at a whim even if it's not as offensive as they claim. I dunno, a lot of reasons really.

• they leave because this site gets boring.

i took a 5 month break from this site because it was boring. but then I came back because I was bored... if that even makes sense lol XD

• I might leave. Too many girls wanting to webcam and cyber sex with me. I'm definitely not that kind of person.