What are your requirements in order to friend someone on GAG?

I am easy...I friend anyone who sends me a Request...just call me Cyber Slut...how big of a problem is age? I just had a girl who friended me (at least twice as she has had two or three accounts) become aware of my age.."omg you're 49..unfriend"..I told her it was worse than that and that I am actually 54...lol...so she unfriended me...even tho we had been friends for several months! Que Sera...entertaining...(:

Most Helpful Guy

• anyone who adds me , I add people who have an intersting answer or question/ pictures / interests.

I just try to talk to everyone that I become 'friends' with , what else is the purpose to befriend someone lol

What Girls Said 10

• I send a request when I like someone's questions/answers (i.e. if they're intelligent, thoughtful, funny, open-minded, etc.).

I accept most friend requests, except:

1. If they have little to no questions/answers, particularly if they've been a user for a long time (it suggests to me that they're just here to pick up girls to try to cyber, or just to chat (and I don't chat all that often)).

2. If their questions/answers suggest to me that we probably wouldn't get along or that they're probably only interested in talking about sex.

And I unfriend people if they're rude, disrespectful, or only interested in talking about sex.

Age doesn't matter to me, but I can understand someone very young being a little suspicious or uneasy about much older people trying to friend or chat with them.

• I friend people I like, want to get to know, and/or think highly of their answers/questions. Maybe we had an interesting conversation on the boards, or their answers are consistently really good. :) Half the time I'm not even thinking about it though, just answering questions and commenting, so it doesn't always occur to me to friend someone. The only requests I don't accept are ones from people with 0 answers and 0 questions, or the ones from people who are really inactive (as in they've been here for months or more and there's very little activity).

I don't take my friends list too seriously. If I added you or accepted you chances are you're there to stay. Well, the exception being if you unfriend me of course. I don't really unfriend people unless they bother me about cybering or they're trolling (in which case I'd also block). Generally I'm happy to talk to anyone on chat or through messages, though I suppose it's a lot more rare for me to be on chat these days.

• the only users I've sent a request to were already on my friends list on a previous account, this time I'm denying most of them purely because I don't like/not available for live chat & engaging other than to answer posts. I have a rule not to accept under 25's of both sex except one guy because he can be quite amusing. this is due to generational differences and my intolerance of arrogant brash kids. some of them have become more than fixated asking about my sex life - which I'm open about anyway or asking for pictures & webcam sh*t. older people are more than welcome because they'll always have a wealth of experience to share and that is what I respect most about a person whether online or in real life. you my dear teaser were quickly sought out and added as you're the voice of experience and totally honest and supportive in the bulk of your comments. anyone upset about your age is probably so because your profile says otherwise and it's not nice to find that someone has misled you.

I'm on here for my entertainment and to give advice/honesty where possible, not networking/flirting so I remove myself from that circle to avoid any misunderstandings. moreover I don't like getting private messages about my answers, it's a public forum so I prefer to be criticised publicly than get into a bully-esque situation - there are plenty of random idiots on here who're too militant about themselves demanding my time that I am just not obliged to care about ;O)

• Flattery...Thank You ..and thanks for responding...(:

• I always tell younger guys my age when they try to friend me before accepting. Most do not seem to mind.

As far as criteria, it has to be someone I would be friends or acquaintances with in person. If they are rude, way too young to be talking to me about the things that they are, or just someone I would not approve of, I unfriend them.

Other then that, not much. Don't want games, that's all. Some people like to chat one on one for conversation or for advice rather then ask in general. That is fine. NP. :)

• Uhm... no requirtments. as long as your not weird or creepy.

• I only add people if I know they've answered one of my questions or I've answered one of theirs, or maybe if I've just seem them around on the site enough. I never accept friend invites from people I've never seen or talked to before though.

• I'm too scared to add anyone new now lol

• oh.. well use your existing friends to screen & reference... I will be happy to help you...(:

• Some people are using GAG as a quasi-social network and hope to find cyber-romance or maybe real romance on GAG. So they are probably the ones who would unfriend you if they realized you are not someone they would ever get romantically involved.

I used to accept friend requests but now I just don't because I don't like how you are forcefully logged on to their IM system and I am not here to IM and have casual chit chat. I am here only to help others and read about what is going on in interpersonal relationships.

• I don't really have requirements per se. I will friend people or accept requests from people who seem nice and honest based on their answers. I don't unfriend people except for one creepy dude who kept asking me really personal and inappropriate questions after I asked him not to. I don't deal with jerks on this site, so the people I'm friends with have to be kind...even if we don't get to talk that often. I only have a handful of people who I talk to regularly on chat.

• They have to be a clan member. They must show me their badge in a private message.Only then will I consider sending the request

What Guys Said 7

• I have no requirements. I friend people in hopes that they will come to me if they have an issue or problem.

• If they're not obviously trolling... I'll accept most peoples friend request. That doesn't mean I actually chat with them or anything.

I chat with maybe ... 3 users regularly, though I'll always answer a chat request from someone looking for help or advice.

• I don't friend anyone because I don't rally see any purpose. But, I accept anyone who friends me. Having some people on my friend list can't hurt. So, I don't have any requirements.

• 1. You have to have a known reputation on this site. I don't add/accept users with low xper and low activity.

2. We must be in agreement with many issues, but not necessarily all.

3. We must be able to have a conversation, and actively acknowledge one another like actual friends. If you add me, or I add you and we avoid each other or don't see eye to eye, I'll remove you. It's nothing personal, we just aren't friends.

• I'd like to suggest a reason why younger people might be creeped out by you. It's not necessarily a matter of age, rather your behavior. You have an evident fetish that you bring on to others(including minors) and it's legitimately creepy. Just being honest.

• There's some that get weirded by the fixation but others that get weirded by the age...lol..probably some that get weirded out by both...fortunately I have 330 friends that don't seem to get too excited by either...(:

• I wouldn't say he brings anything on to others. So, he has a fetish that isn't for everyone...that's hardly creepy. I'd be more creeped out by the people on here who think it's OK to carry on cheating relationships, FWB or threesomes. It's just this backwards society we live in that chooses to accept some behavior s and reject others.

• I'm in the same boat haha. I accept anyone. I'll usually send a message asking why they friended me.

• LOL! Yeah I used to do that too...but I am up to 340 friends...so I gave up...O:O

• None. I just like to have fun and talk..

• Omg. I block people who are 54.

• hmm..well you haven't yet...O:O

• You're the most impatient 54 year old I've ever argued with anonymously on the internet.

• lol heh heh