What do you think about an "entertainment" section being added to GirlsAskGuys.com?

I will honestly say that I was a heavy contributor and spokesperson for the "health" section getting added to the site a few months ago.

I sent the idea of "entertainment" to the admins' inbox about a week ago, and I wanted to see what my fellow users thought about this idea. :)

Before the "health" section was added, ?'s about exercise, nutrition, advice on supplements, weight management, etc...had no definite section, despite the sufficient volume of questions. They were scattered under "other", or "style", and had no area to consolidate such content.

Questions/discussions about movies, TV shows, their respective actors/actresses, video games, magazines, books, and ESPECIALLY music and its respective artists...are definitely plentiful on this site...

...but have no definitive section for them, similar to the "health" questions before that section is added.

See? It makes perfect sense to add an "entertainment" section...at least to me it does. All genders and age groups would be able to make use of it equally imo.

What do you think of my genius idea? Don't be shy; share your input and vote, please. :)

• I like the idea of having this new section
  • I'm not an advocate for this new section

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the idea we seem to already have a bit of questions that would be in that category if it existed already. I like the idea because it humanizes us from all the generic dating, relationship, and sex questions that all seem to have people looking for one specific answer to there questions.

What Girls Said 4

• Interesting idea! We don't want to stray too far from the original mission of our site - to address popular topics on the minds of men and women looking for advice about the opposite gender. But thanks for the input - we will consider it. :)

• hmmmm I can understand where your going with this, but others may take entertainment the wrong due to the whole meaning of the website. Which is understanding girls and guys. But its a good idea :)

• There is certainly enough content floating around to constitute its own section.

• That's what the "other" section is for

• But other gets clogged up with lot's of those kinds of questions.. this really seems like a 'why the hell not' kinda thing. Really it would not take away at all from GAG to add it.

• I (very sweetly and respectfully) disagree, Ms. 18.

There's plenty of ?'s for this section to be added. Also, the "other" section won't be as cluttered because the numerous "entertainment" questions will have their own spot.

Im curious; are you REALLY adamently against this new section?

What Guys Said 7

• Yes, but under one condition...

Rename "Other" as the "Senseless Bullsh!t" section.

• That's pretty much what "Other" is. I think "Other" should be renamed "Just For Fun".

• I think there are enough entertainment-related questions on the site to justify an "Entertainment" category... ;) I like the idea.

• Sounds reasonable to me.

• Hmm I like it... although admins might not since it would kinda take away from the dating aspect of the site a bit. other than that I would enjoy a category like that.

• You want to add an entertainment section, huh? Well, then, trolling might as well be allowed under that catergory, because here at least, it seems to fall under 'entertaiment' on some circumstances. Take 'Panty Boy' for example. He was a nut, and an overly-obessive, apparent cross-dressing troll, but the users here, most of them, couldn't get enough of him. Kidding. But as for an entertainment section, why not? I guess if they went for it, and it got out of hand, it could always be removed.

• That is not the point of this site it is for relationships.

• are health, behavior, and other about relationships?

• It's too much.

• I don't like the idea and couldn't that already fit into other.