After what time period should unanswered questions be deleted from GaG?

I have browsed some questions and find hundreds of questions over one year old! Even the question asker must have drifted away. I suggest that such questions should be deleted/ removed from the site after six months. Why clog the system and burden the database?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that's a terrible idea, I look at the unanswered questions regularly to get away from the inane and banal "my crush/fwb...my penis isn't big enough...do girls prefer ripped or nerd..." etc etc that's the bullsh*t that spoils the site more than anything seeing the same posts over & over again/

unanswered questions are often more interesting than the current ones. what the admins should do though is give us a block by age button and weedle out teenagers giving themselves accounts with a fake age. unanswered questions do not necessarily clog the system as you can filter them out, they don't harm anyone who doesn't want to see them, imo.

What Girls Said 2

• Lol I've had some of mine deleted that were only a few months old. I think they should be kept up. No one really searches the site for questions since you can click on the recent question category.

• That is true though I think they are left up because they ask for actual advice even if a year or more has passed.

• What I would like to see is an option of deleting my own questions if I consider them to be no longer important. But hey, let's not stop at that. Why don't we all just have the ability ot delete questions we don't like? Wild. Yes I'm being sarcastic. You have to draw the line somewhere.

What Guys Said 2

• I agree, but I'd also like to see a feature where you can repost a question if it only got a few answers. I've had several questions I asked only get 1 or 2 answers because of the time of day I posted them. If I try to repost them, the mods remove my question.

• What would be the point of reposting them?

Just post them at the "right" time of the day the first time, if you think that's what's making the difference.

• The question should be suitably re-worded and it should be made more concise demanding a direct answer. Then after six months the question asker can re-post it and no one will know that it is a second edition.

• well for one I'm not free to post a question on here until later at night. Also aside from the time of day, some questions just get buried very quickly for some reasons, or just simply don't get answered. For how many people that post the same exact questions that have been posted 10 times that week. I think allowing people a single repost after a given time is not asking too much

• If you don't want to see my unanswered questions then ignore them don't start a coalition to put a brother down...smh