So I'm noticing my questions get very few answers...Does posting a picture on GaG offend people?

while other people get a large amount of feedback...the only discernable difference is the fact that I have a real image of myself posted and others have cartoon pictures and such.

does posting a picture on here offend people?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never really found it to be an issue... If anything, I think I get more answers because I have a picture up, 'cause it makes things feel more personal, and people feel more empathetic. I think the main factors which affect the number of answers you get are more a) what time you ask the question, b) how interesting your question is, and c) how many friends/followers you have, as sometimes people seem more likely to answer the questions of people they're "friends" with. Anyway, you're in luck, because now I want to know what questions you've asked and I'll probably answer a few of them ;)

• lol maybe theyre not very interesting. I'll work on that.

What Girls Said 10

• I really don't pay attention to what people's pictures are.

I answer questions if:

1. It's interesting.

2. It isn't something that's asked repeatedly (it gets boring answering the same questions over and over again, just asked by different people).

3. I actually have an answer to the question (obviously there are going to be questions that I don't know the answer to or don't have any good advice to give).

• I'm sure the picture doesn't have to do with how many answers you get. there are lots of factors including when you ask it, the type of question, how it's worded, length, etc.

• That is odd, I don't think having a real picture would change anything. What type of questions are you asking? Sometimes when this site is super busy, you question will move down the list fast and people just don't see it or think its an old question. Hope that helps.

• No,your picture has nothing to do with it. It's the topic that gets every ones attention. Like someone suggested,make some friends here,post more,let everyone get to know you.

Hope that helps!:)

• no.. unless it's a pic of their abs or something.. that just makes them seem full of themselves to me.

• thanks but yeah I was just curious. I come on here and see people that ask the same questions as me and they get a large amount of interesting answers. however I get maybe 2-3 answers tops.

• ya I don't think it has to do with your pic.. maybe just the fact that people didn't notice it or something.. don't take it personally.

• The more popular you are the more answers you'll get...

Even when you ask silly Q's and are popular you still get a lot answers. It sucks.

• Ask questions that appeal to all of us

• i think a lot of it is based on how many friends you have on here. The ones with more friends seem to get more answers...

• oh okay. you know,i didn't view this site the same as Facebook or something. thought it was just an advice site. but it seems like the questions I've asked have been posted thousands of times before. which would explain why people don't really answer them

• Umm because we remember you under different usernames asking the same question about your looks over and over. Get over it man

• find this to be true as well, and I've posted quite a few questions. I don't want to think it's my age, that perhaps maybe people think I should know things I ask at my age, but I dont.

I think it is our ages, sorry to say. Most people that get responses are in their 20's or younger. Just my opinion, though.

• I agree with this. I think there's a bit of age discrimination here. I'm in my 30's but I honestly think there's plenty to learn from all age groups. I don't know,thats just my opinion...

What Guys Said 4

• The reason people avoid your questions is because they're very generic topics that have been asked hundreds of times on here before.

• The picture has nothing to do with it. If anything, the fact that you're not posting anonymously probably works in your favour.

It more than likely has something to do with the quality of the questions you're asking. Let me look...

Okay, you've got 5 questions there, with 13 answers, 7 answers, 7 answers... that may not seem like much to you, but it's actually pretty high.

• i guess these questions have been asked so many times,and the answers are all pretty much the same.

• nah actually sometimes it is more to do with how you word it and what not... also harder question always get less answers. I doubt people will answer or not based on your picture. I post mine cause I ask quite a few style related question and I hope it will help people tailor it to my looks.

• Eh... if you're more known here I think you'll get more answers. like friend people and chat with a few of them and when they see your question they will want to answer it. Sometimes a question is so interesting that that doesn't matter much.