Did Girlsaskguys just change it so only friends can chat?

I just noticed that today. That's kind of annoying.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm not a fan of this change, personally.

I often used the CHAT function to talk to some user quickly rather than go through the whole friend request thing. And I never creeped anyone with questions like A/S/L or what are you wearing. I just asked them about what ever they needed help with (usually in relation to some question they had posted) and then got out of there after helping them.

• Yup, this is how I feel.

• Thanks for the BA.

In relation to this, and just as an FYI, a user friend requested me (and I accepted) only to find out he wanted to let me know he thought I was an a**hole, and was going on his "blocked" list.

I guess that's the sort of idiotic behavior this policy just never imagined, did it?"

What Guys Said 2

• So you can't creep anymore?

• They could have made it an option instead. They could have even made it the default option.. Dumb change, in my opinion.

What Girls Said 6

• While it is a bit inconvenient, it has definitely improved the overall experience for most members. Most of our users are valid members with honest questions, but there are spammers all over the web making it difficult for some of us to enjoy browsing on the site. By becoming friends first, you have the OPTION to chat with someone, rather than being open to anyone's messages and IM's. Thanks!

• I like it, decrease the number of random chats that pop up.

• Hmm, I just noticed that now

I prefer it that way to be honest then you don't get a bunch of random guys popping up on chat - UNLESS you've actually accepted their request.

great idea GaG.

• I don't want to be friends with people I talk to on here though. If I have a question, I'd just like to quick ask it to someone. Oh well.

• That's what questions are for.

Meebos just for friends imo.

• I thought it has been like that for a while? I remember way back I would get chat windows from random people, but it hasn't happened in a long time with me.

• I love the change. Now, I can make my profile un-private and not worry about anyone I don't know trying to chat with me.

• hmmm no didn't notice.