Why go out of your way to delete your GAG account?

It just seems like too much effort to me lol. Just simply stop posting here.

I took a long break from January 2010 to about March 2011. I didn't delete my account. Didn't seem necessary to.

Why can't those of you who are thinking about leaving just leave your account the way it is? Come back whenever you get bored again and have no where else on the net to go.

So Why go out of your way to delete your GAG account?

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems like a rash overcorrection to me.

"Goodbye cruel GaG!" *deletes account*

What Girls Said 7

• I wish they didn't :((((

once I stop logging on I'm just going to leave my acc here, that way I can come back for more amazon points :D I need textbook money lol

• Keeping an account and not actually deleting makes it easier to get hooked back on it again, I can see why people do it - they have their own personal reasons for doing so.

I don't see a problem in deleting an account. For those who keep it just because they have their precious Xper points, or best answer percentage on here are on GaG for the wrong reasons.

I don't see a difference in deleting an account vs. quitting and making another account later - it's just as easy to make a new one. no biggie.

• No offense, but I think it's for attention (and they come back under a different account to see what peoples reactions are) or they want to remove traces of their identity off the Internet(we live in a day and age where employers and admissions offices do searches on you) or they feel the site is going downhill and won't get any better from then on.

• I think the same thing. Once I get enough Xper for a VS gift card I'll stop logging on as often since most all the cool people left. However, I'll keep the account in case I feel like asking a question or if I get too poor to afford my own clothes and need more gift cards.

• Yeah..but how could you go off and leave all of us remaining obnoxious people? O:O

• I'm going to be on here until the site is shut down lol. I might stop coming on here at various point in time but I'm never deleting it.

• because they want to erase traces of ever being here. its weird.

• Did someone just leave?

• Blaxican just left like an hour ago. and Apodyopsis this morning. :-(

• HE LEFT?! *le sigh*

• He did leave. :/

What Guys Said 2

• True why go out of your way to delete your GaG account when you can be a total dumbass and have them delete it for you.

• I do and I don't want to delete my account. My original friends here, for the millionth time have all left. I've been here for a long time now and I'm beyond burned out. I talk to less and less people, answer less questions, ask even fewer, and what, moderate on top of it all? If of when I do, guess what? I'll just do it. There won't be a warning, just as there wasn't the last time. Some people just don't have the time, or have just had it.