Do you think that all GaG members should have the right to delete answers off of their questions?

I am really serious about this. I notice that GaG admins give the Moderators the right to do this, and now I want it to happen for all of us fellow GaG members. I feel that the admins are unfair to allow mods to delete things that could appear on their questions, that seem offensive to the the mods! Don’t you think its time that GaG admins grant this opportunity to us fellow GaG members?

Shouldn’t we have the right to delete answers that seem offensive to us, instead of what the opinions of the mods?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! The admins love doing favouritism on here. Half the mods on here don't even know wtf they are doing. They leave insulting/offensive questions/answers/comments up. They only remove the one's that matter to them. Most times, they do eff all.

• Can I just say... I disagree with this? For one simple reason. I try to log on frequently, but I can't be everywhere and see every comment and question, and neither can any other mod or supermod.

However, if there's a thread with offensive sh*t on it, anyone can message me to get in their and tidy it up. I've always been happy to attend to any thread I didn't come across in my wanderings.

• "Half the mods on here don't even know wtf they are doing." <<< I stick by what I said. Also note I said *half* not all.

What Girls Said 9

• No thanks, that'd be a nightmare. So many answers would be deleted for no good reason, because people get offended over every little thing on here, especially if you're telling them something they don't want to hear. Mods have guidelines they adhere to, and to my knowledge they're held accountable for their actions by Admin. It's not about what's offensive to them; they delete things that go against this site's rules. However, if you think something was deleted unfairly, you can always talk to them about it or report it.

• You have a good point, and I can understand why you don't think it's fair, but I disagree.. I think a lot of users would take advantage of that power and delete posts from users they disagree with or dislike even if they gave relatively great advice.

If you have a problem with an answer on your own question you can always report it, contact Girlsaskguys with the link to the question or let me know and I'll be more then happy to take a look/delete what's necessary.. as for deleting answers off our own questions unless it's spam or a user telling me to go f*ck myself I don't touch them, but I'm just speaking for myself.

As Belgie said both mods/supermods have guidelines we need to follow and even if we do decide to delete a post it still goes through the admins.

• No, for the reasons that Belgie and BCRanger10 gave.

• No, that would eliminate 99% of discussions lol

• No, but I do think it would be beneficial for users to be able to delete their own questions and answers. I think it's fine if they have control over their own activity, but not other people's activity.

It's especially useful if an anonymous QA blocks an answerer and then proceeds to spam the person with comments, which has happened numerous times.

• YEP.

• I wish I could delete some of the questions I ask on here, but I can't. It's like once you put it up that's it.

• i do because some of them are offensive and some people just like being mean

• YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What Guys Said 4

• I don't agree.

For one thing, the mods aren't able to delete just anything they find offensive.

Offense is something that varies from individual to individual.

Considering the wide variety of cultures we have on GAG, it would be easy to always be offending someone. Either creationists, fundamentalists, people who hold virginity sacred, misogynists, feminists, christians, atheists, Muslims, ... there'd always be someone being offended somewhere.

So the simple and obvious solution is that Admin sets down universal guidelines, and the moderators only delete those things which are not in compliance with the guidelines, regardless of whether it offends their personal sensibilities.

• I am going to pretty much agree with you...however...all mods are certainly not created equal..

• Absolutely not. Rather the mods be stripped of their privilege. The reason for asking a question on GAG is generally because the qa doesn't know the answer so then the gag community will give their unique and honest input to the subject being discussed. Not all answer will be music to the qa ears. There no right answer but rather an answer that best fits the situation.

• Not really. Some people would delete answers because they don't like the person who answered or don't like what the answerer said (even if the answer was absolutely fair and honest; I've seen it happen). I do think people should be allowed to delete their own questions or answers, though.

• It's a... Website. What are you talking about, rights?