Do you think that the mods and super mods are doing a great or horrible job on GaG?

For me its kinda both. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I just question their decision making sometimes. But what about your opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess I'd say "kinda both" as well.

I recently became a mod. Regular mods can't delete any questions, they can just delete answers/comments. So far, the things that I've deleted have mainly been a) spam, b) insults (i.e. when someone just calls another person a name, without giving any constructive advice, c) duplicate answers (when someone accidentally (or purposefully?) posts the same thing twice), or d) "nonsense" (i.e. when someone just posts something random or something like "I don't know" to a question, likely just to get points for "answering").

Do I think I'm doing a horrible job? No.

Are there questions/answers that get deleted that I don't agree with? Yeah, all the time.

But, the thing is, there's no way to know which mod/supermod deleted what. So it's hard to tell if all or most mods are doing a bad job, or if it's just a few.

I'll also note that mods have a minimum amount of posts that they are required to delete per month. The reason for this, I believe, is to make sure that mods are being active (i.e. should someone really be a mod if they're rarely using the site?). I'm not sure if this is the same for supermods in deleting questions, but I imagine that it could have the effect of making some mods feel like they have to make sure to meet this number so they don't lose their mod-status, so they might be more critical of posts (i.e. deleting "fetish" questions because they're too "sexually explicit" or deleting something that might be "offensive", even if it's a genuine question). Also, the more mods there are, there are probably less "straight-forward" things to be deleted, so they may be looking for less "straight-forward" answers/questions to delete in order to meet their quota.

I also think that there are likely mods who bring their personal biases in when deciding whether or not to delete something, because, after all, they're just regular people. This is something that I ask myself before deleting something.

So, I guess to answer the question, I think there are a lot of pretty good mods on the site, but there are definitely a lot of questions/answers that get deleted that I don't agree with, but I would say that means that there are *some* mods that aren't doing the best job---not that "mods suck". :D

What Girls Said 4

• I think most of the mods on here suck. The admins are just picking random users to be mods who don't know wtf they are doing. Most mods can't even do their job Properly. They're a joke. I keep seeing users being made mods and think ffs, this website really is going down the hill.

• I think they can fix the way some of the things are done. For instant they should stop deleting questions unless they are racist or are like really not appropriate. Even trolls have the right to ask questions, it is up to us wither to answer or not. Also we should have the right to delete our own questions. One more thing I wish they would inform us of replies to comments.

• They could be doing better, then again I don't like the idea of making some people " super " etc

• i don't think they are doing the best job...

• I like how you worded that. If you meant it as they could do better, than you have the best answer.

• yeah they could definitely do much much better.

What Guys Said 4

• remove anonymous.

• Prepare for a 'forced disappearance' for asking this question. Do no question the mods or they will erase you. You get no warnings. Obey. Love Big Brother. This website is a luxury, not a privilege.

• You are probably right. But what would they loose for erasing this question, their self dignity?

• Please don't ask that question, if I answered it I could get in trouble.

• They suck IMO.

• I agree entirely. I think they remove good questions while letting others completely slip through even though they should be deleted.