How does an admin decide who becomes mod or supermod off of GaG?

Is it Popularity? Great answers and questions? Or is there any other reason that you could tell me, please?

Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• A combination of things. Popularity is part of it, sure. Because sometimes they ask users to recommend people for moderator. You can also request it by contacting them. Lots of activity helps. Reporting questions, answers and comments also gets factored into things as well.

But all in all the whole thing feels like a raffle. Like they pulled a name out of their hats. I still to this day have no idea why they asked me to be moderator, but they did, and supposedly they think I'm a good one. Yeah... I suppose I'm an alright one.

Anyway as for being a SuperMod, I heard it was initially pretty random and then they used a combination of things I mentioned earlier, but as for now, last I heard they have too many SuperMods and are gradually demoting people based on their level of inactivity or usefulness.

Harsh huh?

Anyway that's how it works for the most part.

What Girls Said 3

• I became a mod because I won the popularity contest. ._.

• Well go with what the mod. said

do you want to be one?

• I probably would never be one. I'm not that good!

• Well youve been around for a while and some of your answers/questions had to stick because I remember who you are

dont self deprecate eva!

• Popularity & Answers

What Guys Said 3

• Political correctness, why I will never be a moderator...

• It's based on the answers you give, the questions you ask, how often you log on and that sort of thing.

• How would I know? I can't find anyone who understands their Question removals...O:O