Why all the hate for anonymous users on GaG?

I understand some people hide behind the anonymous tag to troll, but really they're in the minority. I choose to be anonymous because I don't want to become a part of the site's social community. I choose to come just for Q&A advice. Why is that so wrong? Why is that such a bad thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see it as a bad thing. I think it's just a general wondering because SO many people ask and answer anonymous. Personally, I rarely do. The only thing that bugs me is that there are some questions or answers that I see and think "man, I would really like to send this person a friend request" but can't because they're anonymous. But then again they may have similar motives as yours.

• When I first came to the site I didn't use anonymous and I was flooded with friend requests from guys who I would never want to associate with in real life, as well as girls who only friended me so that they can bitch at me over IM. No thanks, none of that for me. I don't come here for the people. I have Facebook for that.

• And there's nothing wrong with that. Personally, I find GAG a lot more interesting than Facebook.

What Guys Said 3

• There are more than 'some' people using anonymity to insult people and start verbal wars that interfere with legitimate advice giving, or taking...there are a LOT of such anonys!

Not to mention, many anonys are underage, even less than 16, and don't have enough experience to give an intelligent answer.to anything but teen fashion or music questions...but that doesn't stop them from clogging up the lines of communication on almost any discussion.

• Anon is fine if you don't use it to be obnoxious...I sometimes use it so I can't be automatically Down Arrowed for who I am rather than my answer...:P

• It's anoying when they do it to post a question multiple times or when answering a question that they don't need to be secretive about answering.

What Girls Said 2

• It's not wrong per se.. It's rather annoying, if anything..

An anonymous user can block me and I won't ever know who it is.. They talk a lot sh*t before they do too. That irks the hell out of me.

But that's all you though.

• I can assure you I haven't done that to you or to anyone. Because I ONLY do stuff as anonymous I've never had to block anyone :)

• because people are stupid