Can people still send me friend requests on GaG when I am an anonymous user?

Just wondering about those friend requests that I get from people who always answer my questions.I am of course very grateful and thankful to everyone of them but the purpose of me using this site is solely to do research.I really feel so bad as I don't know what to do so I just leave it alone. Thanks. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

If you ask a question anonymously, someone can answer (non-anonymously) and ask you to send a message to them... that's why they say that, because they can't send a message to you or send you a friend request... because, after all, you're anonymous.

• I have never messaged anyone on this site before, since they are all strangers.Even in real life I also choose my friends very carefully. But I feel so bad that I am not doing anything about all the friend requests as they are people who have helped me by answering my questions. Now sort of regret joining this site.

• It isn't a big deal. Some people add friends and never do anything about it. Some people message other people routinely and never add them as friends. It is just one of the 'features' of the site... if you don't want to use it, don't.

But remember that people on this site, like everywhere else in the 'real world', are always going to be strangers until you meet them.

What Guys Said 4

• No, they can't "friend" you when you're anonymous. But if you like someone's answers, there's absolutely nothing to prevent YOU from sending a friend request to someone. It's not like you're making some huge commitment, LOL. It just means you can chat with them or message them if you want to. You can choose to ignore them, too, or unfriend them if you find you don't like them.

No one is going to die if you unfriend them or don't answer them. This is the Internet, after all.

Go ahead and use the site's features. Just like in real life, you may change your mind about a few people you meet, but you'll probably also meet some cool people that are worth talking to. But again, there's no commitment. If you don't log in for a month, you might be missed, but no one is going to be offended or anything. There are no real obligations.

• Unless they can somehow miraculously guess who you are and go to your profile page by typing in your username manually, no, they cannot.

• I'm not an insider but I'm pretty sure no one can friend request an anonymous person!

• Only if they have the magic wand and some supernatural powers.

What Girls Said 0