Why is it that things on GaG have to be rated within 24hrs to get points?

Just wondering why, found this out by going here link

Most Helpful Girl

• Idk. But it's annoying as f***.

What Girls Said 2

• Probably just a dumb rule so that you can get more points quicker

• Yeah I hate that one it's dumb

What Guys Said 1

• It's because you only get one point for asking a question. But you can get anwhere between 0 - 5 points if people rank your questions by giving them stars. It's because not every question is good, and only one point is given to prevent people from asking unintelligent questions.

It has to be rated within 24 hours because other people rate your questions, and based on the popularity of your question and other people deciding if you question is good, you get the amount of points that you deserve. If it's a good question, you get good ratings and more points. If it's a bad question you get bad ratings and fewer points.

• Why not a week to go through the process though? I for one have seen some great questions that I wish got more credit, but I don't think most people are here every day.

• One week is too much. I'm not sure how the point systems work, but maybe they have to calculate the points, and it would take too much time to wait a week to calculate. I think five stars is five points, etc. So I think you're likely to have the same amount of points in one day compared to 7 days, because it'll average out.