What Are the Advantages of Not Posting Anonymously?

I've posted 99.9% of my questions and answers anonymously. What difference is there between using your actual user name and this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It shows you have the stones to own up to your own opinion, that you aren't afraid of what others might think of you. You'll make some friends along the way, and some enemies along the way. But in the end you'll help shape the community by showing you're a part of it, rather than just a bystander hiding in the crowd.

What Girls Said 3

• If it is a question asking about your username or physical appearance...it can help with the that...i guess...

• I seem to get more answers to when I post my questions not anonymously. I don't know why.

• There is no difference to me, but some people just like to bitch.

What Guys Said 5

• You get girls adding you saying 'Take me, answerer, I'm yours!' if they like your answers.

I'm not even joking.

• The advantages are people don't relate what things they didn't like you saying to you and you can block people without them being able to block them back. The disadvantages are people don't relate what they liked you saying to you and people think you're a fu-cking pu-ssy.

• The only advantage is that you can keep your personal details secret. There may be no difference in gaining Xper points, however a guy must have the guts to tell other GaG users that the questions/answers are his which he cannot when anon...

• Granted, yet at the end of the day we're all just strangers typing on our keyboards from the corners of the world.

• Use to be that you would get xper points when you post unanon... but now I think you can still get them when you are anon.

• It's a community, so as an anonymous person it's hard for others to get to know you.