What's with all these gorgeous girls on GAG never having a boyfriend?

I'm not being shallow, it's just that looks are the first thing we notice about a girl. But I've talked to some girls on GaG and I've seen some of their answers to specific questions and it shocks me to hear that some of them even in their 20's have never had a boyfriend before. Or that they begun dating later than most people. Like early to mid 20's. And they seem like really nice girls, great personalities and easy to talk to. What gives? Are they really that unlucky?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep, I've never had a boyfriend. I have guys after me, we know that we can be choosy. We aren't going to lower our standards or expectations, we have a certain type or feeling in mind. I have to get butterflies when I'm around you, which is very rare but when it does I'll get shy and nervous and by outgoing self becomes introverted. That's why I'm single.. also I never wanted to rush into anything. And I like getting attention and compliments, I like going out and mingling..I don't want to deal with a jealous clingy boyfriend. Its patience, timing and finding the right guy which all three is difficult.

What Girls Said 11

• I didn't date until I was 24 and it's a choice thing for me. My parents were controlling and I wanted to make sure I was out of the house before I dated so that I didn't really upset my parents.

• really? how old are you now?

• I'm shy so no matter how attractive I am (been told, I'm not tooting my own horn here) people won't approach me as I seem cold or uninterested or weird. Plus I never really pursued dating, If I find someone I like I'll put my heart into getting them, but I've never had the guts to take it all the way... I guess I'm a chase and leave type of girl haha

• Well I'm only 16 but I'm going to answer anyway ^_^ some may be because of their parents, my mom was always strict about boys, I can date now but its kinda hard to now because I just don't know how to say I want a relationship with a guy, some can be because they're shy or quiet, I'm pretty shy but I'm real cool once you talk to me, but because of my shyness, guys be scared to approach me because they figure I wouldn't want to talk to them, and them some just don't have boyfriends because of their looks, guys get intimidated and they don't even try to approach them, I'm not one of the most gorgeous girls lol but guys have told me even I'm intimidating

• im 19 and I had 1 relationship (online, we never saw each other because I wasn't technically allowed to date at the time).. so I don't really call it a relationship because it wasn't in person.. but I'm single because my school's tiny and my classes are tiny, not many cute guys seem to be in my classes but I'm going to a bigger school next fall so my chances increase.. but ya.. just haven't met a cute guy that likes me haha. I have plenty of guys friends but they don't like me like that..

• They could be like me.. and just always end up getting to be to good of friends with guys. I'm always in the "friend zone " with guys ( till recently of course as I'm not engaged) but only had 3 bfs before my fiance. I LOVED being in the friend zone with guys though.

Another reason could be if they try to hard.. or I feel like sometimes guys are intimidated by attractive girls and don't ask them out for fear of being shot down.

But this is just coming from a girls point of view after knowing a lot of guys and knowing how those guys think. Not all guys think the same obviously so who knows.

• I fit in your description exactly! I think that guys in general are just too afraid to approach beautiful women. Average looking women get approached more than beautiful women do. That's life. You get some, you loose some. Being beautiful doesn't guarantee you anything.

• I think I really am just that unlucky. And I'm also afraid to be too OUT there with showing affection for a guy that I fancy cause I'm afraid I'll shot down. I know its stupid but its hard to overcome

• I turn 17 in a few weeks and I haven't had a real like long term relationship, hookups yeah but never anything more :/ Plus my friends are much more good looking than me lol

• For me I don't go out enough to mingle, I have been told that I am content with being alone. I just don't trust like I used to so really I don't believe anything guys say anymore and that's from past hurt. Guys do want to get close but I end up not being interested I'm also really picky.

• Just because you're gorgeous doesn't guarantee you'll have a boyfriend. I find boyfriends and relationships to be overrated anyway since I've had my fill of not being treated the way I deserve or finding someone special enough to want to be with.

Some girls on here choose to remain single, like myself. Others may be very shy and then because they are attractive, don't get approached because they intimidate guys.

• I don't know if I'd call myself gorgeous, but I've never had a boyfriend partly because I don't really try to be with someone or ask guys to hang out or anything. I focus more on school and friends and family because that's more important to me at this point in my life.

What Guys Said 2

• late bloomers , unlucky , too goodlooking to be approached , too high standards ... etc etc .

could be anything

for me myself ( I'm not a girl but hey , what the heck ) I'm late bloomer , and maybe quite high standards :p

• i haven't seen a single "gorgeous" girl on here so I don't know