How often do you report people on GaG, like comments, answers, questions?

Also, how easy do you think you take offense and how do you think that comes into play?

• Everyday
  • Once in a blue moon
  • Maybe twice a week

Most Helpful Girl

• never. I do occasionaly downvote if someone's being a douche and says something totally uncalled for and horrible, but I've never reported. its not my responsibilty to play dictator and control/ censor what others say or think. the only time I did was some internet marketing dude who spammed every question I clicked on. I don't report actual users though.

on the other hand, I have BEEN reported more than a few times for simple,harmless jokes (ex asking a mormon qa how magnets work etc...) got several answers deleted and wasn't allowed to answers or ask anything for period afterwards...-.- some people just can't take some lighthearted fun, others are just prudes who find everything offensive and feel its their right to get rid of people's opinions just cause they don't agree with em, hence the insane amount of downvotes I've been seeing the last while.

hell, ill probably get a downvote just for this answer too :)

What Guys Said 7

• Girls just have to make sure they report the creepy-ass guys.

Alot of them just block that person, but if that person isn't reported, that creep-ass is still on here harassing other girls.

Make sure you report these dudes so the admins can get rid of them. :)

• never, I have better things to do than to worry about an online entity.

• Less than a blue moon. I drink Blue Moon's more than I report, actually. I figure that mods/admins will take care of stupid questions and so that leaves everyone else to post as they see fit.

• Unfortunately we can't delete questions for reasons of "stupidity". :(

• Ugh, who screwed it up for you?

• I've done it by accident on my iPhone -- why is there no confirmation popup?

• You do make a good point there.. I think it's best if we don't have that. I don't want any pop ups popping up on my computer.. It's too much work to go through to report someone. xD

• I have never reported anyone on GaG

• I report blatant name calling. an anon guys just called me a homo sexual. :-O

• Never. I've never taken offence to something on the internet.

What Girls Said 11

• Not too often. I've never reported comments on my answers, or answers on my questions, but if I see someone else getting harassed on here with insults and nonsense, I'd probably report that, if it looks like it's getting bad. I don't think I've done anything about questions though, because usually mods and admin take care of it anyway.

• All the time,if I see something inappropriate.Most times it's from anonymous users.I feel as though people can't complain if they don't take the opportunity to report racist comments,name calling etc.

• Very rarely. I only report when I actually feel that someone is being seriously threatening or disrespectful.

• Not very often. I've been here almost 2 years and probably have reported answers/questions/people about 5-10 times in total.

• When I see something that's offensive; it targets a particular ethnic group, race, etc. I don't often see this, maybe once or twice a week. But reporting doesn't seem to work that effectively... :/

• that sucks, I thought it's the most effective way to deal with someone

• Whatever they say I take no offense to it.. I play along but if it gets to far, I just ignore it..

I mean, reporting it will do what? It will just take their comments/answers off.. It won't stop them from doing it again till their account is deleted. Which they can just make a new one.

• Almost never.

I'm not particularly easily offended. People have the right to express their opinions (however stupid, ignorant, invalid and poorly thought out they may be) and I have the right to ignore them. I'm not really one for censorship, so if I dislike something I usually just ignore it, or comment on it asking for elucidation or something.

• never, can't imagine a reason I would. I have reported YouTube videos for various reasons

• i don't think I've ever reported anyone. I mean I get annoyed with the immature post people put but otherwise everyone has their own opinion

• really, so you've never thought "well even if you are a troll that is completly out of line and I will report that"?

some people on here say things that I would expect from 100 years ago

• no everyones entitled to their own opinion and I have better things to do then report people.

• I don't think I ever have.

• I Have never reported anybody...