Have you ever lost a best answer on GaG?

Have you ever had a certain amount of ba awards, then you notice the number of ba's is lower than before?

Ex. you had 30 ba awards the previous day,

Then you sign on the next day, and its 29.

What is the reason for this?

Thanks for your answers. I think the question did get deleted because I no longer see it. :( Sucks but admins delete questions esp. when they aren't offensive.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Person changed best answer

2. Question was deleted.

Questions can be deleted for a number of reasons including:

1. Offensive

2. Duplicate question or commonly repeated question

3. Poor grammar to the point of being nonsensical

4. Posted in a language other than English

5. Spam

6. Under 16 - If the question asker is under 16, then their account will be removed and all of the content linked to their account (questions, answers, and comments) will be removed from the site completely.

7. Under 18 asking sexuality related questions (this is against the rules)

8. Too sexually explicit for the site

9. Wrong category - often this means someone asked a question that should have been submitted as a reality check or article rather than question.

10. If the question names or implicates other users or asks answerers to do so.

• It was prob. 7 because the person I advised had a question about penis size.

What Guys Said 5

• i've lost a bunch of them because the genius administrators delete the funner questions on here too much.

• Not noticed it. Could e one of two things;

1 - the QA chose a new best answer.

2 - the question was deleted.

• You can choose a nba?

• nba = new best answer.

Thanks for your answer, I didn't know that. I thought once the answer was set you can't change it.

• nah. But I agree with your update. Questions are removed willynilly on here.

• Yeah. It's a bummer. The QA can choose a new BA. Happens a lot with people who award it very quickly. Also, the question can be deleted. There seems to be a lot of that going on these days.

• it can happen if the QA chooses a new best answer or that Q gets deleted!

• Plenty of times, I've even had someone who reffered to my answer giving me props in their answer and was made BA like wtf?

What Girls Said 5

• Question was removed or they just wanted to change it for some reason :)

• uhh maybe? I don't really keep track

• Yup,just recently,actually. A girl posted a question and er,she was underage. Whoops! lol

• No, I don't think so haha

• Yup. A LOT.

The question/my answer being deleted, or the person changing BA's.