How often do you rate a question on GaG?

Sometimes questions will be rated and sometimes they wont.

Obviously questions with more answers have a better lickelyhood of being rated.

I guess my question is, why do you or why do you choose not to rate certain questions? Is it only the ones you hate or like? Do you think there is a benefit to rating, like maybe more views if its rated higher? or even lower?

• I rate every questions I answer
  • I never rate
  • I rate only if it's interesting to get others to read
  • I rate only when its a dumb question to prevent others from reading
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• i usually do it to see if I'm blocked or not. once in a while I see a q that's really good and deserves 5 stars however.

• Holy cookies! Good idea! Thanks! I'm tired of typing out thorough answers just to find out I've been blocked when I click submit. -__-"

• i never even knew you could figure it out that way...

• lol, I've been through it too much. no more time wasting for me on here :D

What Girls Said 11

• only when people ask me to.

i really don't care for question ratings...because some people give 1 star because they hate you.

• When it's really good, mediocre, or really bad. I rate all the time, but I notetably don't when I don't feel like the question is rateable and an important matter is at hand.

• Usually if I like the question or if the asker asked for ratings. Sometimes I rate random questions that only have 1 star (if I like them) just because :D

• I rate nearly every time(unless I forget). Now if it's something I really hate,then no. But most times I will

• I rarely rate questions :)

• Same as ihatework. Nothing worse than typing out a long, epic answer only to realize the QA got butthurt some time and blocked me.

• NEVER.

• i just forget to do that almost all the time

• I voted C but now that I've read ihatework answer.. I'm going to do that from now on. xD

• I don't rate them because I forget that it's even possible to. I've never payed attention to it.

• oopsie I meant to hit B

What Guys Said 1

• not a lot actually. Its just a little bit of effort that people rarely go to when I ask a question, so why should I bother? I'm aware of the cyclic nature of that methadology. I hate the people that rate the stupid questions in an attempt to get to the asker when in fact, you're giving them extra xper.