Have you noticed guys often don't accept friend requests from other guys here?

The girls almost always accept, even though you'd think they would be the ones to be suspicious of friend requests from guys!

Pourquoi?

C'mon and RATE my question!
I guess that even thought this isn't a dating site, most people only want to get advice from the opposite gender...funny, I would think girls would seek each other out for advice...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you'd think people would like to discuss some questions with people they read here.

• Seems to be a minority opinion but I think it's reasonable! A lot of people treat this as a dating site rather than an advice site, so won't talk with the same gender often.

What Girls Said 6

• This happens on all sites though, doesn't it? I think a lot of guys online are "afraid of catching the gay" (that's how they put it elsewhere) when they interact with another guy.

• I wondered if maye that was it...are there that many guys scared of gays? In cyberspace? Are they going to hit on you electronically somehow/?

• Well I'm not a guy so I can't speak on their behalf but I will say the girls almost NEVER accept my friend requests. I accept everyone.

• I'm not so sure about that but I got quite same amount of friend requests from girls here even though most of the requests are from the guys.There are some guys who only accept female request I guess or someone they familiar with.

• Yes, definitely are guys who won't accept requests from other guys!

• Yes most of them.There are girls who prefer approving friend request from guys.I guess it has something to do with the 'opposite' gender thing tho...

• We believe we can make friends with everyone lol idkk

• Maybe because this website is intended for opposite gender to ask each other questions , but still I don't know why guys would do that.

• Well sure, but sometimes guys want to talk about thnigs with each other just as girls do very often...many of them talk only to other women on this site imao.

• I get as many friend request from girls as I do with guys. But as far as guys accepting each others request I do not know, I'd imagine they wouldn't as men wan't to hoard as many women as they can and have a mass collection of women that they can sift through in hopes of catching a date. :P

• or we / they / I whatever, have enough guy friends we can talk openly talk to in real life but a lack there of in girls. just my two cents

• LOL! Hoard women...My Harem? ..(:

• @ Taster: LOL :D

What Guys Said 14

• i have like 2 guy friends on here, the majority of people adding me have been girls I have about 10 plus girl friends on here. I find women just tend to add me more

• hahah funny observation

• Just my experience...I see a lot of guys still on my friend request list after weeks, not so many girls are there that long.

• Yeah I'm one of those guys, I don't accept friend requests for a simple reason.

The person/s isn't a friend and usually requests out of the blue.

People who I talk to often, work with, help, look out for and know me are acquaintances. To me a friend and friendship is more than just being acquaintances. It's much deeper and like respect it is not a given, but needs to be earned.

If you want to be someones friend start off by messaging them and getting to know them before just adding them for no reason.

• OKAY! Rated...gave you 5 stars..is that OK? Probably a valid observation...considering I have over 360 friends and about 12 of them are male...but I accept anybody...except a couple of females who had no Questions & no Answers and wanted my e-mail...(:

• whATECA

• I meant I accept anyone's request you blocker -_-

• lol. its the internet shouldn't let small sh*t get to you. By the way I'm also Irish.

• Sorry mate, you're right. I should take it lightly on the Internet. I'm not by nature a take it lightly guy.

• 80% of my friends list is women who asked me about some guy they're in love with.

• I accept anyone as long as they seem to be active and genuine. I don't see the chances of meeting people on here in real life as very high, so I'm just here to discuss stuff with anyone who wants to.

• My profile specifically says that I don't accept requests from guys. Why? I don't really have a valid reason, I just don't want a lot of sausage cluttering up my wall.

• Ppl tend to add others of the opposite gender a lot more on this site. Guys do tend to add me less than girls do.

• Bro I accepted you. Welcome to my innercircle of GAG friends

• :P

I accept anyone friend request.

I usually only make a friend request when I actually think the other person is cool and would make for interesting conversation.

• Men are pervs. End of discussion.

• Well, that raises the question of WHY they are pervs? Not that I agree with you on that, but what makes you say it?

• Guys don't usually friend me.

• ? I get quite a few requests from guys, as many as from women or almost

• Not really. If they do, great. If not, well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. But it's an interesting observation, nonetheless.