Do you think that GaG admins should ban all religion and politic questions from this website?

I hate to say this, but I have noticed some questions on here that other GaG members have been taking some major down votes, while giving their opinions about politics or religion. It really is kind of sad to see, because it turns people against people. I don’t know what else to say, but I really disapprove of these types of questions and would like to see them no more. What is your opinions?

• Agree.
  • Disagree.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think if you need to not discuss the world you live in, in order to get along, you need to work on your pr skills. not stop talking. its called freedom of speech.

What Girls Said 15

• No, personally I don't think any type of religious or political questions should be banned (with the exception of "hate" questions and things of the sort which already get taken down anyway). This site allows people to discuss whatever's on their mind and to limit the scope of the topics of which are accessible for people to explore and inquire about just isn't balanced.

I think in regards to all the really heated political and religious questions on this site, that the whole "if you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen" concept applies. If a person can't handle down votes or others who troll those types of questions, then they need to really consider whether or not they want to answer the question in the first place. And if subjects like that are really delicate for a person, then they have the option to not click on the question and engage in such an area that gets them easily upset or "ruffles their feathers". So that being said, my stance is opinions are opinions, and as long as they're not presented in a hateful or derogatory manner, then there's no need for the topics on which they're formed to be banned.

But as for all the down voting on things like that; if the people who down-vote disagree with the opinion that they're down-voting then I think it's alright since it just displays a difference of opinion (+ if you agree, - if you don't); nothing personal you know? But for the people who down-vote another person's opinion simply because they're intolerant to the perspectives of others, in all honesty they're just narrow-minded. But nothing can really be done about that so you just kind of have to shrug your shoulders and move on.

• If you don't like the question and think you might get offended by the answers then don't click on it. Also, if you get upset by down votes you need to get a life...this is online forum, these people (hopefully) aren't the only people you talk to, people not liking the answer to your question shouldn't get you upset or make you lose sleep at night. Religion and politics are the two things that people tend to have strong feelings about and they aren't easily swayed and everyone has a right to voice their opinions and disagree with others opinions.

• No. While some people dislike these kinds of questions, some people really enjoy them. I think that most people answering these questions realize that there's a good chance that others will disagree with them and challenge/debate them on their views. Challenging each other on views isn't a bad thing, it's how we learn and grow in our views. Those who don't like these kinds of questions, or who don't want their views challenged, don't have to read or post on those questions.

• Nah. It only turns people against each other when they can't handle hearing anything other than what they want . I've answered and posted many questions about that same subject and it was fine.

But then you say a simple "grow up" in a simingly benign answer and the idiot ends up blocking you because he couldn't handle it. Pifft o.o

• No, if you can't take the heat get out of the fire.

• No, there's already enough censorship on this site. No need to make it worse.

• LMFAO! Damn, I wish I could give 2 best answers! you would be my second one! thanks for answering!

• No I like a good clean debate and I have actual learned a lot and it actual helps strengthen my own beliefs. I do how ever have noticed a I get down voted a lot when standing up to defend my rights to be a Christian and when I defend my believe in God and that makes me sad. I don't go around down voting atheist unless they are out of line and have taking their opinion to the next level of extreme.

• No, everything's fine

• No because its fun to get in to arguments

• I skip right over those questions because they don't interest me. maybe the site should make a religion and politic section

• Sometimes I think they should but I have seen questions that have issues that are fun to talk about.

• nop, it's just funny when I see people here arguing about pointless subjects.

• Yea those along with race questions..there are way too many small closed minded people on this site.

• I agree man! I'm tired of those questions.

• No I don't. politics and religion are ugly. but that doesn't make it wrong

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think they should be banned. I think for the most part they're rather pointless as people who ask or answer these questions rarely, if ever, change their mind or are truly open to others opinions (meaning they aren't trying to convert them to their own beliefs).

Perhaps create subcategories of "Religion" and "Politics" under "Other."

• Maybe we should, as it would allow us to focus on the more important questions. Religion and politics have very little relevance in today's world. They simply don't make a difference to our lives.

I don't want to dictate what those more important questions are, but -- judging by popularity alone -- I think that we should eliminate the Flirting, Dating, Relationships and all of the other categories, and just have two categories left... those would be Penis Size and Blowjob Techniques, so we can focus on energy on telling each other our penises are big enough, and coaching girls on how to give a really great blowjob for their man.

• No, they shouldn't be censored, and at the same time the users who choose to take part in such questions should be willing to accept the backlash. It's voluntary.

That said, I do get annoyed by them. Why? Because these types of questions are typically one huge attempt at trolling. They are an attempt to belittle other people's beliefs. Now don't get me wrong, you are free to discuss whatever you like, but that doesn't mean you aren't being an imposing prick. Get real. If you had the audacity to walk up to a devout Christian on the street and shoot down his or her beliefs, you wouldn't get away unscathed. They aren't changing their beliefs, and you aren't changing yours. Knowing this, it's just a d*** move to seek conflict like that.

By the way, your ulterior motive behind this question reeks like sour milk.

• "users who choose to take part in such questions should be willing to accept the backlash"...this, this, THIS!

Those dummies don't realize that removal of questions to appease them is actually stupid because they can't understand the concept in quotations.

• No, they should make a new section for it.

But I'm still onboard with my own idea of making an entirely separate social section of the website to have lighthearted threads and whatnot, even a non-moderated section for those who dare to enter.

• if only we could have a non-moderated section...

• Brando where do I start! LOL! Your answer is really good and would also have BA if there was an option for that! Thanks for your answer!

• Thanks broski, I'll take it as BA in heart :)

• Nope. I like political and religious questions, as long as they are posted by intelligent, knowledgeable people. GaG admins should just ban all stupid ignoramuses instead.

• I disagree...it would be a form of unacceptable censorship!

• I don't think banning them would be the correct thing to do...but certainly need to monitor and keep a lid on them...and GAG has removed a lot of offensive questions and answers..

• No, if you can't take that kinda heated debating, then ignore it and move to another question. It's stupid that people are so damn butthurt when people debate. Especially admins on this site. Admins should ban themselves from the site imo. Would do the site a lot better.

• I agree that it's a sensitive topic and it opens a window for intolerant bigots to troll people for their beliefs. Although this is the case in many situations, I have seen some good come out of it. Some people share their point of view and find things in common with other people's religions. This is an important issue for some people that needs to be discussed. The question is, does more good or bad come out of it?

• If people are fighting amongst themselves then that just means their to childish or to narrow minded to even accept someone else views. But this website needs some more variety