Do you think we have more misogyny or misandry on this site?

Just wondering. How do you personally respond to those types of questions? Agree? Disagree? Ignore? What do you think of them?

• Misandry
  • Misogyny
  • It's equal.
Don't forget to say how you respond to them. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• In the past day I've seen at least 5-6 misogynistic questions. Definitely more misogyny. Sometimes I answer them, but its kind of pointless because those men and women won't change their opinion or listen to reason.

What Guys Said 9

• I think, in terms of questions, there are slightly more misogynistic questions asked thought that's not to say that there aren't a fair share of misanthropic questions as well. When I see these types of questions, I tend not to answer since it's a waste of time. If someone is stupid enough to think that the genders should not be equal then I'm not going to waste my time answering their question for them. Though men and women have their up's and down's, their worth is the same. That's my opinion.

• I think it's pretty obvious there's more misogyny lol

• Eh..maybe I am a traitor...but it seems to me that when females complain about males on here, it is about some specific aspect...but males sometimes complain...seemingly in general...about females...this is hard for me to reconcile because, altho there are plenty of females that I cannot abide or get along with, I frequently prefer to hang or spend my time with them rather than my own sex...(

• I don't know if it can be called that, but I'd say misogyny. A good bit of guys posting questions on here are upset and bitter at women for their own problems that they can't solve, thinking that it is women who are at fault since they won't approach them or sleep with them.

• I've seen a lot more misandristic questions than misogynystic ones though I tend to answer more girls questions so that might be why.

• I don't see much of either honestly. In real life, there is more misogyny for sure.

• Misandry. The women here keep talking down to us, like we're a bunch of insensitive perverted morons.

• I'd say it's pretty equal. There is more misandry in reality, though.

• To the untrained eye, there is very little misandry on this site. It is subtle whereas the misogyny is overt.

• This reminded me - I did look at the height questions, and some of the answers are unfair to guys, but most of them talk about preference; it's what they're attracted to. It doesn't seem like they're implying a hatred towards men. There are a few you might be able to categorize as misandry, but it seems a stretch to me.

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I suppose.

• It's equal. But lol at the people who think it isn't.

What Girls Said 7

• I've been here for a really long time and I haven't seen half as many "THIS IS WHY I HATE MEN" threads as I have "THIS IS WHY I HATE WOMEN" threads. Not to mention the amount that goes said in passing and the overall misogynistic attitudes so many users carry-- even ones that I used to respect.

• Good, so I'm not the only one who's noticed. Some have rational answers to other questions, but when it comes to this topic. . .

• so...how come you're 7-3...and I am 4-9? Some days this site is just too weird...O:O

• no idea >< I think its because I have a lot of misogynists blocked haha

• I think a majority(not all) of the users on girlsaskguys come here(girlsaskguys) seeking potential relationship advice or advice to even get to the point of a relationship. Then when they aren't given any one piece of advice which can "save the day" and solve all of their problems, they begin to slowly resent the opposite gender, blaming the opposite gender for all of their problems and for why they are single. Then, because they are unwilling to make changes to themselves and improve themselves, they begin to believe the notion that the opposite gender just has unrealistic standards and expect a girl/guy out of a Playboy magazine or Twilight. So, in turn, they begin to post these really ridiculous preferences/standards in hopes of "getting back" at the opposite gender for not flocking to them. They magically become experts on height, weight, penis size, breast size and labia, and they begin to go out of their way to vocalize their preferences, even going as far as to put down the opposite of their supposed standard.

I have yet to mention gender or whether there is more misandry or misogyny.

From my perspective, there's more misogyny. You'll encounter more males on here who feel wronged by women and begin to have a strong intolerance and dislike for the opposite gender. The same dudes saying "I'll only marry a virgin" are the same ones who come on here complaining about how they're single and inexperienced.

Anyways, because of their bitterness and resentment, you'll see more misogyny. Whether they're truly like that, I don't believe so. I think just being on this site makes them that way so they post ridiculous sh*t that makes them feel better temporarily. Makes them feel superior to someone since they feel inferior to every other girl and guy out there.

• Misogyny, most definitely. It's so frustrating because as I read a man/boy's question or rant against women, I can very clearly see the story behind his hatred or blame to women. I do feel the need to speak to that. Inevitably, the boy/man always throws the one of two words, or both: 1. b*tch, 2. Feminist

It doesn't matter if it fits or is used appropriately, he will always go there.

Hmmm...too bad really. Men want women so badly, but do not understand you just don't go there.

Because I stand up for women, does not at all mean that I do not respect men or hold women at a higher level than men. Not so. It only means that I respect myself, my gender & all people. I don't think that some men/boys on GAG have understood that about women in general.

• I've noticed quite a few creepy bitter guys who seem like mini Green River Killers in training on here. A lot of guys on here seem to hate women, but I don't see near as many girls who hate men. Most of the girls are frustrated with a situation that involves one particular guy, or their exes, but not men as a whole. There are a good number of misogynistic questions, I don't know if it's a lot of guys who ask different questions, or one or 2 guys doing the most of it.

• definitely misogyny.

• the only time I've seen anyone accused of misandry is when they try to argue against misogyny here. so I'm gonna say misogyny.

i either make a joke of it or argue with them.

• I think there's more misogyny.

I think the "Why are all guys jerks?" and "Why are all women bitches?" are about equal, but I find there to be far more questions where men are saying things like, "Women are useless." "I hate women." "Women bring nothing to relationships." etc. (particularly lately). Though, I suspect that a lot of these are being posted by the same few users.