When you report something to the GaG admins., do they actually listen, or leave it to the mods?

This is the ultimate question I want answered here. I have been really disappointed with some peoples rude and mean remarks off of here, and I have reported their comments several times. But the bad comments or answers don't go away! Are the Admins or mods ignoring us, when we report bad things to them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can only speak as a regular mod (not sure how it works for supermods and admins). I don't actually get anything notifying me if there's been answers or comments reported, so I'm only able to delete something if someone messages me personally to bring it to my attention or if I happen to stumble across it (but given the amount of activity that goes on on this site, I don't see everything).

• That's the biggest issue, I think. We all have our favorite sections, and we can't see everything. So a lot of things get under the radar, and maybe stay up longer in some sections of the site, than the other more heavily patrolled areas.

I think it might work better if the mods/supermods were assigned specific sections to run, in addition to just random sampling.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, we review every single report made - this is Admin only, not mods or supermods. If you report something that violates our Terms of Use, it will be removed. However, if it is simply disagreeing with your opinion, it will remain on the site - we encourage various viewpoints and opinions! :)

• What I don't understand is how you can allow morally wrong questions get posted to your homepage!

I also reported multiple super mods for abusing their power! YOU LAZY ADMINS DID NOTHING!

I really question the admins off of this site, you guys are driving me crazy with all of the things you do!

• Oh, and as an active supermod myself, I expect I was probably one of them.

• I hear what you're saying - but that's the great thing about a website that allows various opinions and values! Morals are subjective, and personal to each of us.

Our mods and supermods are appointed because they are committed to helping make this a safe, enjoyable community. It's less about their personal lives, and more about demonstrating an understanding of what our site is all about! :)

• They do listen,but I think it has a lot to do with if the comment/behavior/answer is explicit or breaking rules.If you just disagree with someones answer,it will likely not be deleted.If they are using expletives for example,then that would likely be deleted.It really depends on what it is.

• There's a difference between YOU being offended by a comment or answer or disliking a comment or answer and a comment or answer actually violating guidelines.

• Thanks for your answer.

• Just because YOU don't like people's answers and comments doesn't mean they actually break the sites rules.

The mods/admins aren't going to remove anything that makes an individual butthurt.

• Thanks for you answer. You are really intellegent!

• tohrment, you are so annoying. You, DDD, Sally, Evangelica are all part of the biggest cliche off of this gag website. LOSERS!

• Of course they do. They're paid to be admins, they're paid to help and be on here everyday. I have been replied to within 48 hours of contacting one or the site in general.
    If you report something, it will be dealt with eventually. If it doesn't break a rule, it'll be put back. If you have concerns that this isn't happening, contact an admin directly.

• any question that pertains to gag and how they aren't doing their job will be removed. this post will be taken down trust me. the site owners don't like anyone to question their site. it makes them look bad for potential ad companies/ new members

What Guys Said 3

• The final say goes to the admins.

Mods handle the grunt work, like reporting and keeping the answers/comments clean.

• They have sometimes. I've had some of my questions deleted because people were offended or something. I had a question "Do you make fun of ugly people" on here and it got removed. I found it to be a harmless question, but yeah.

• Ive been called names and insulted but the comments I report don't get removed. Mods play favourites and take sides. They will delete a comment of yours if it is a quarter as offensive as the others if it`s a heated debate and they side with someone. When I contact GAG, I get ignored. This site is bullsh*t