Who wants to see the minimum user age raised to 18 for this site?

I hope my question doesn't get removed siting irrelevance :(

Just taking a simple poll.

So please have a heart mods and admins :)

I am begging you pleeeeeeese . Yes I am on my knees :s

I thank you for all eternity :D

• Yes
  • No
Herar me out peeps.. I am asking, because it seems the quality of questions has become inane. often times the older users feel left out! You can see how some of the users feel about them by the answers below. So if the young users are seeking advise, I wonder who are seeking it from. If this make any sense .
Please rate! So many answers and not one rating :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I say lower it to 12 for lolz.

• Kids ask kids? Lol:/

• more like raging 12 year olds get schooled on the internet :P it'll be funny.

• So you have seen my lolzy logic eh? :)

Also there is some validity. If the people just hitting puberty can be helped by their peers to avoid making the same mistakes we have (or have seen others made), we can maybe make this world a little better by helping people not become so jaded and bitter towards relationships or whatnot.

What Guys Said 4

• this site has so much useful information for people of all ages. It is better to be informed than to go at things blindly. ALSO people will just lie about their age if they raise the age and that could lead to even more problems. This site does have limitations in the sexuality section for minors - or at least they did AND it doesn't show up unless you are logged in. I really think this site has helped a lot of people. I actually think of it more as a 15-20 y/o site anyway... with the older people being odd. It is Girls ask Guys.. NOT Women ask Men

• I do not think it matters for the majority lie about age and everything else anyways

• If you're immature enough to lie about your age and get on here...then you shouldn't be on here..let alone, online! I'm 22 and that's the truth!

• i won't care in 2 and a half months..

What Girls Said 7

• No. Why? I think it's great when there's places where teens can go for advice. Not everyone has people that they can talk to about sex, dating, relationships, and the host of other questions that appear on this site. Or sometimes they just have questions that they don't feel comfortable asking someone they know.

When I was under 18, I used a site that was very similar to GAG and I found it really helpful.

Further, putting an age limit on the site doesn't stop younger people from coming here. They can just lie about their age.

• Ehhhh... she's right lol. There are some a**hole teens on here... but there are some smart ones on here too. KKJ is one for sure. If I was a teen I would have loved a site like this. :-\

• Lol kain thanks :))

• I'm 16. I'm not a "hooligan" or anything, and I don't ask annoying "does he like me omgomgomg" questions, so I don't think I'm hurting anybody being on here. And when the time calls for it I think I give pretty good advice. So yeah...I'm staying.:p

• Although it's true very young people probably shouldn't be on this site, It should be open to at least 16 year olds.

• I don't think so..everyone has issues and I'm glad I can help anyone who needs advice and don't have anywhere else to ask.

• :(

• What ?:/

• Then there would be no me. </3

• Well by looks of it do far no one like the idea so you'll stay imao :)

• Well I'm under 18 and honestly I'm on this site to read the answers. I like having a better insight on what others are thinking, whether they be guys or girls.

I don't spam this site with the same questions or the same answers over and over and to be honest, they annoy me as well. And those bad quality questions you're talking about I understand because although some of us are younger, a lot of us still are just as eloquent as the older ones. (I swear I'm not just chucking in big words for the sake of it. I'm just trying to express what I feel.)

Do you honestly feel like the older users are feeling left out? (I'm not trying to sound sarcastic or anything.) It might just be because there are less of them online and therefore less answers but from what I've seen, the category of users over 18 aren't lacking.

That's just my two cent. This is my first answer in ages and I felt like saying something. :)

• i need some help too...

• Teens ask teens?

• When I was a teen, I had a lot of questions that I didn't want to get advice from other teens on, since many of them were just as clueless as I was (or more so).