Do you consider yourself to be a good poster on GaG, for the most part?

By "good" I mean actually trying to help people out, not trolling, and not being an insensitive jackass. Obviously people have their good and bad days so not everyone's gonna be perfect all the time so let's just say the majority of the time to keep things relatively simple.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I try to help, I'm very good.

Sadly, most of the time I simply do not care.

What Girls Said 9

• Generally yes, I always try to be helpful by using my own experiences. I hope to keep people from making the same mistakes that I did. But I know most people have to find out for themselves before they'll listen.

• yes because I tell the truth and am honest. I can't stand some of these fake posters that give the answers you want to hear just because it sounds good,to me that is an example of a bad poster. I would rather f*** with the truth than make love to a lie

• I'd say so.

Though my honesty will piss some people off - but whatev, if you get into a good discussion about a few topics - I think that's the best attribute of this site.

Learning from the perspectives of other people.

• I can be helpful,and I try to be.But sometimes I get pissed off with peoples nonsense,and I don't have a problem giving them a piece of my mind.But then I've got to step back and remember that this is a webite and it's not that serious.Needless to say,my number of blocked people have increased but...i don't care.You can't please everyone.

• By your standard of good, yeah.

• No.

• Sometimes. I mean trying to help someone can only do so much when 90% of the time they will only agree with what they want to hear or do the opposite of what you suggested. I stopped trying and now I just give my honest answers on the opinion questions mostly. I probably troll a healthy amount as well.

• I think for some time yes.I can be better if people here less sensitive and stop crying over something that is true and honest.

• Ay ay ay the cry babies.

I don't like the " Mother Teresa's" the most or " Saint Johns," people who post hippy like things completely irrelevant to the question being asked. They get like a bajillion upvotes - yet their answer helps no one, but to make them look good.

• Yeah ass kisser are loved more by users lol...oh well =D

• I genuinely try to help others, but whether my posts are actually helpful to the QA is a different story. But I definitely don't post a bunch of bullsh*t like most of the people here.

What Guys Said 8

• Absolutely I am a good poster, I always try to give the best response possible. I may piss some people off because I voice my opinions but that doesn't stop me. The only time I do a joke post on rare occasion is when someone else sets it up perfectly.

• Lmao no, I'm a horrible poster When I try to help someone it just ends up with me rethinking my own status and credibility. Which in turn gives me insight to post new questions of my own :P..

• Yup, apart from the occasional sarcastic joke.

• 76% of the time, no.

• I try my best. Whether it actually works or not I'm not sure.

• When I want to be but usually I am.

• I do, for the most part. I have spoken to people on Meebo, and gotten messages from, people who wanted to thank me for my help. I've got a lot of best answers, from when I answer anonymously as well as under my own name (so I know it's not just someone ego-stroking).

I know I can curt with people and short with people, but I'm not rude unless provoked. (Though I realize some people can't tell the difference.)

One of my favorite comments was from someone who took my initial answer the wrong way, and responded harshly, but we continued a back and forth in the comments and she eventually said "From our initial interaction, I didn't think I would be saying this. But thanks for your input!" It reconfirmed to me that I do try to be helpful, even if the QA doesn't always see it that way.

• According to my B.A. % I'm useless 98.9% of the time :(