Do you believe that people should answer a question on GaG with a certain type of etiquette?

Do you believe that people should answer a questions on GaG with a certain type of etiquette?

I notice a lot of people on the site answer questions very rudely. People are entitled to their opinions, but a person can articulate themselves in not such a derogatory manner. There is a difference between calling it like you see it and trying to show (what you think) is right.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it depends on the post. There are some genuinely offensive questions on here that I enjoy creating rude responses to :p

The internets anonymity really does allow for people to say things in ways they typically wouldn't.

But yeah, I do get really bored of all the rude responses every so often :P they're beginning to lack creativity and with :(

What Guys Said 5

• And then offcourse there are those that love the name calling. They ask a question and already make up their minds as to what the answers should be and should you post something that is outside of that, you then get called all types of names

• I almost said something very rude & violent but to answer your question no.

• Keep you're salad forks to yourself. Some of us like to have fun.

• Some people get frustrated at stupid questions or users. That's just human nature.

How many times can you see the same idiot asking the exact same stupid question, before something snaps, and you call him an idiot to his face?

There are hotbutton issues for some people, like racism. Don't pretend you haven't seen any questions which were fundamentally racist by someone who claims they are not a racist.

• No, I get angry with certain questions, but one should still maintain a certain etiquette. Either by, not answering, or by answering politely.

• To be completely Realistic

I will start with the people on this site

there is a lot of irrational behavior, anger and life/love uneducated

as well as a plethora of frustration

You can also see this on a daily basis in your surrounding environment

It is becoming a very bad place with very lazy, short tempered and unaccountable people

I am not sure where you live but people in certain parts of the US feel a sense of entitlement that they have NO entitlement to what so ever.

This leads to poor manners and other poor social behaviors

and etiquette

Ha

That is close to extinct

at least on the majority of said people's priority list

My grammar is atrocious on this

What Girls Said 5

• I think people should be allowed to say what they like, when they like. Forcing people to answer or ask questions in some way would be boring and, honestly, it would turn me off the site completely. I like seeing how people interact, and if everyone was putting on a kind, smiling face even when they are seething inside it would be terrible.

I think some people just get wayyy too butthurt, and take things too seriously. And you're wrong. I see no difference between calling it like you see it and trying to show (what you think) is right. In both cases you are trying to prove your point which you believe to be correct.

• Yeah for those who have serious problems and need advise people should answer their question with etiquette.For the question like penis size I don't think etiquette is needed.That would just make them ask over and over again.

• nah. I mean, I use this site with the understanding that people will answer like that.

• not at all. part of the reason why I love this site is the rudeness and general ignorance. I find it exceedingly entertaining.

• Depending on how touchy the subject is.