Do you generally trust/distrust personal information on GaG?

As the title says, do you trust or distrust the personal information posted by users on GaG? By personal information I mean anything from birth date to pictures.

Thanks ^^

• I generally trust the information.
  • I generally distrust the information.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm fairly trusting due to my massive level of indifference.

Where you're from... people usually can't resist putting something stupid when they lie. So it's obvious. And why lie? A city is a big f***in' place. You may as well be on Mars for all I care.

As for pictures... if I can find imperfections easily or you look boring - it's probably legit. Then they'res the hoard of avatars. And fake pics are all too easy to spot. Like those pictures sold with picture frames. You're not fooling anyone. And ironically imperfection is more likable.

Anything else is just bla bla bla bla bla. You're all strippers cooing in my ear. I don't believe a word of it.

What Girls Said 14

• I'd like to believe that the majority of things people post are true, but a lot of times I'll read an answer and some parts of it are just really "off" or incongruent, so it subsequently makes me doubt. It's the internet though so it comes with the territory; understandably you're going to get a fair amount of people either speaking from false experiences, trying to pass fake pictures off as themselves, or just saying untrue things in general. But regardless of that, there still are a lot of honest people and I'm mostly indifferent to it for the most part so it doesn't really affect me.

• You can usually tell when someone is posing as a fake person on here. I don't usually pay attention to the users. If I know you then it's probably because you've been here for awhile and I've talked to you before, but other than that they're just people posting questions.

• I don't know if trust is the right word, but I do assume it's the person's real info unless it's obvious that it's not. I wouldn't care enough to distrust it I suppose, since it wouldn't make any difference to me whether it's real or not.

• i trust until I am given a reason not to. I like to believe the best in people and I like to believe people are honest and good. that may not always be the case but I prefer this method than vice versa which is completely unfair.

• I don't know if I can say I generally trust or don't trust stuff here... it's really a case by case basis.

• OH stuff like on individual profiles... I thought you meant like, personal information in questions/answers. Ummmm I don't pay much attention to profiles.

• ok fair enough ^^

• I generally trust info unless its fishy or just doesn't seem right. But you get to know people better through talking to them, not just reading their info page.

• I don't usually pay enough attention to people's profiles to really care if they are who they say they are...so I guess that means I trust the information to be true?

• I don't really trust anything on here. :)

• It depends. If it obviously looks fake I'm going to assume it's fake. For example, I'm not really a 19 year old, angry, smoking gentleman. I don't smoke.

• I distrust it. I only knew a few people here on GAG who are keeping it real. most of them upload pictures who aren't themselves and fake their relationship status. lol

• trust well I'm gullible

• distrust

• yepp

• distrust. but that's not specific to this site

What Guys Said 5

• Sometimes. If it seems believable, then I usually believe it. If it's too good to be true, or seems weird, then no. If I really want to know about that user, I check out the questions they ask, and look at the answers they give to other people's questions to determine if their personal info is true or not. .

• i can tell when someone's telling me the truth. If I know the pic is fake then I know the person isn't who they say they are

• Sometimes birth dates, and you cants yappy tell when a fake picture is being used. But regardless, I don't care enough to need to trust any of it so it's just meh

• Well, that's the thing. You just don't know. Some are trustworthy, and some you just need to take with a grain of salt. You can be whomever you want to be on the internet. I really pay it no nevermind.

• Oh HELL no! I've seen no shortage of "girls" here who "happen" to have profile pictures of pretty well known web models.

• hmm, haven't noticed that myself.

• hmm, so either Angie Varona have an account with false info or some girl have Angie Varona pics. Or any other combination. Disturbing...

• Hahaha. Yeah.