Is there a spell check feature on GaG?

Ok so I'll use slang when I post from time to time. I certainly only capitalize my "i's" when its the first of the sentance. Although I do know that it is not proper grammar. Not sure why I do it, but I just do...lol

Sometimes I see these posts and its like "wtf did that person just say"...I'm sure you've come across them.

Then I've seen posts get erased for improper spelling.

So I guess it comes down to this. If GAG admins, moderators, whatever are going to erase these kind of questions with issues, why not add spell check? At least the ability to right click and give an option if you are unsure how to spell the word.

I still have yet to figure out why that hasn't been added.

Do you think they should add spell check when asking a question or replying to one.

I think they should. that's just my opinion. Maybe it will help some of those less fortunate who have issues but aren't that great with grammar.

I know I'm not perfect, but seriously, some people are unfortunate and unable to get proper education for many reasons, why not help them instead of erasing...

just a thought...

• Add spell check, everyone deserves a shot
  • Who cares, admins will probably erase them anyways
  • If you can't spell or use proper grammar, then don't post!
thanks guys...sorry I guess I never noticed it!

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a spell check button, there's one for your comments and there's one for posting questions, it's right underneath the "add a poll" check box on the right side of the text space when typing a question.

And we generally don't delete posts for a few badly spelt words, it's when the question as a whole doesn't make sense, or what they're saying sounds/looks like nonsense.

What Girls Said 4

• There's a spell check button at the bottom of where you type... But there's some short forms, like if you type g and f together it automatically goes to girlfriend when you post.

• There is a spell check button lol

• yea, the spell check feature is already on.

• Noob!

What Guys Said 9

• There is a spell check, located under the answer/question you enter, just above the 'Reference Q' option. I only use it from time to time, albeit, rarely, but it doesn't work in my case for some reason.

• There is already a spellcheck. It used to come up before every post if I remember correctly. And your browser can spellcheck too.

• is there really? hmm I never see it? maybe its my work computer that doesn't have it...im trying to remember if my home computer does a spell check. Thanks!

• Already exists. And you can see it on any computer if you can see this site with said computer...

• 0|0
  • I rely on a system wide spell check...

• Perfect example of the end user being at fault

• i think unless it is really bad grammar it should be address...but for the most part grammar errors or mistakes should just be waviered. not everyone is on the same education level.

• Firefox has a built in dictionary. Use it. So does Google Chrome and Opera and I think IE too.

• yeah you could really use a spell checker, I mean come on its not that hard to spell sentence right.